Author Topic: Infantry Reserves DP1  (Read 435 times)

Offline Highland

• Rate Post
Infantry Reserves DP1
« on: April 09, 2017, 18:33:10 »
Hi,

I've had a hard time finding up-to-date information on DP1 for infantry reserves.

How long is the course (does it now include BMO-L)?

What will the points of learning be?

How was your experience?

Any info/advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline LightFighter

• Rate Post
Re: Infantry Reserves DP1
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 20:42:33 »
How long is the course (does it now include BMO-L)?

What will the points of learning be?

BMQ-Land was removed as a required course for the Infantry a few years ago.

P Res DP1 Infantry is broken into two mods. The first mod covering all the weapons(TOETs, PWT/ranges). The second mod is the field/tactics portion. The candidates will learn fire and movement, Section/Platoon attacks, etc.

Going off your profile/posts you are an OCdt/Infantry Officer. You do not do DP1 Infantry. Once you have completed BMOQ-Land your next course will be IODP 1.1 this is the Dismounted Platoon Commander Course, the course is run in Gagetown.

This thread has a lot of information regarding the course, what to expect, and advice.
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=99437.0

Offline Highland

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 18:00:54 »
P Res DP1 Infantry is broken into two mods. The first mod covering all the weapons(TOETs, PWT/ranges). The second mod is the field/tactics portion. The candidates will learn fire and movement, Section/Platoon attacks, etc.

Going off your profile/posts you are an OCdt/Infantry Officer. You do not do DP1 Infantry. Once you have completed BMOQ-Land your next course will be IODP 1.1 this is the Dismounted Platoon Commander Course, the course is run in Gagetown.

I appreciate the response, LightFighter. I'm actually an OCdt in another trade, but I'm switching to infantry as a NCM, for now, because I'm unable to get the time required to do officer training.

Do you know how long each mod is, and if they are usually run back-to-back or with some time in-between?

Are the courses run 7 days a week?

Thanks

Offline LightFighter

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 19:21:19 »
I'd have to look at the training calendar, but I would imagine they would be run back to back with a weekend in between.

I would imagine you may be CB'd some weekends, but otherwise the training would be mainly Mon-Fri with weekends off unless the course staff decide otherwise or an FTX runs over the weekend. This is just based off experience with other courses, I've never done the P Res DP1. I'm sure someone who has been a student or instructor on the latest variation of the course will come by with a more detailed answer.