Poll

Is it normal to have your chain of command tell you to go have your P-Cat MEL's assessed immediately?

Is this normal?
1 (50%)
Or is it fishy?
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: PCAT info/questions (merged)  (Read 82953 times)

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: PCAT info/questions (merged)
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2017, 14:26:48 »
now that depends on how much of a pain you want to be.  You could go back to the unit and ask who they got the message from and when. 

It does happen sometimes that MELs are reviewed but usually the medical staff contacts the members.  On the occasion that I have had them contact me they don't leave such a message, they ask for contact information or for me to contact the member and have them call the medics without any details given.
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline RCAF Old Timer

• Rate Post
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2017, 23:37:01 »
The only reasons I know of for them to ask you to do that is if you are up for TOS renewal or if you are being promoted.  Your P-CAT notification you received from D MED POL will state if your P-CAT has career implications, some do, some don't.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2017, 11:19:54 »
My concern is that I called the base hospital and they have no idea what he is talking about and stated the B-Surg isn't even on the base as they are away.

That sounds like the exact information to send to your CoC, to find out exactly what they wanted (or a contact name). "I tried to make an appointment, but the CDU doesn't know why I'm calling and BSurg is out of office. Do you have more details so I can follow your direction?"

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2017, 12:35:58 »
When I hear things like this, makes me wonder if the CoC is wanting the MEL's "revisited" or "clarified" - I use quotes because I've found over the years some people are illiterate in both official languages when it comes to some of these.

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.

Offline PMedMoe

is now a flat-faced civvy.... :).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2017, 17:23:50 »
When I hear things like this, makes me wonder if the CoC is wanting the MEL's "revisited" or "clarified" - I use quotes because I've found over the years some people are illiterate in both official languages when it comes to some of these.

MM

:nod:
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2017, 13:23:10 »
and if it's clarified they should contact the medical section themselves instead of wasting the members time. No harm in picking up a phone and saying I don't understand this and want to make sure we are taking care of the member....   
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2017, 17:26:14 »
and if it's clarified they should contact the medical section themselves instead of wasting the members time. No harm in picking up a phone and saying I don't understand this and want to make sure we are taking care of the member....

I am pretty switched on, and do my homework, when it comes to this stuff and I barely understand it. Asking the member for that information can be a waste of everyone's time.