Author Topic: 3 Jun 2017: Vehicle Hits Pedestrians on London Bridge  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
Re: 3 Jun 2017: Vehicle Hits Pedestrians on London Bridge
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2017, 00:08:20 »
Wonder if this man will end up getting a commendation/medal?

Football fan shouted 'F*** you, I’m Millwall' and took on knife-wielding terrorists with his bare fists

Calls for Roy Larner, the 'Lion of London Bridge', to be given a medal after reportedly saving lives and making Millwall fans popular by single-handedly taking on the three attackers

A football fan reportedly yelled “F**k you, I’m Millwall” as he single-handedly took on the three knife-wielding London terror attackers armed with nothing more than his fists.
Roy Larner has already been hailed a hero, with a petition launched for him to be awarded the George Cross medal for his actions in the Black and Blue steakhouse on Saturday night.
In fighting back, the 47-year-old Millwall fan gave dozens of others who were in the Borough Market restaurant the chance to escape.

Now out of the intensive care ward of St Thomas’ Hospital, where he was treated for knife wounds all over his body including his neck, the father-of-one has told The Sun how he reacted when the killers burst into the restaurant shouting “Islam, Islam” and “This is for Allah”.
“Like an idiot,” he told the newspaper, “I shouted back at them. I thought, ‘I need to take the p*** out of these b******s’.”

“I took a few steps towards them and said, ‘F*** you, I’m Millwall’. So they started attacking me.”
Mr Larner added: “I stood in front of them trying to fight them off. Everyone else ran to the back.

“I was on my own against all three of them, that’s why I got hurt so much.
“It was just me, trying to grab them with my bare hands and hold on. I was swinging.

“I got stabbed and sliced eight times. They got me in my head, chest and both hands. There was blood everywhere.
“They were saying, ‘Islam, Islam!’. I said again, ‘F*** you, I’m Millwall!’

“It was the worst thing I could have done as they carried on attacking me.
“Luckily, none of the blows were straight at me or I’d be dead.”

Mr Larner’s actions have won him a huge following on social media, where he has been called “The Lion of London Bridge”, a reference to Millwall Football Club’s nickname the Lions.

Fans of the south London club have long prided themselves on their refusal to duck a fight, celebrating their intimidating reputation with the chant: “No-one likes us, we don’t care.”
Mr Larner’s bravery, however, seems suddenly to have made Millwall fans popular.
On Good Morning Brtitain, presenter Piers Morgan, a fan of rival London club Arsenal, told viewers: “Millwall fans get a very bad rap, a lot of it very deserved, but there are times when you really want a lot of Millwall fans, and that was one of them.”

Mr Larner has certainly made his mother proud.

Phyllis Larner, 78, told The Sun: “He’s fearless, my son. He’ll give as good as he gets.
“He’s quite nippy and lippy and wouldn’t back down from a fight.

“He wouldn’t care who it was or if they had a knife or gun.”

Mr Larner, from Peckham, south-east London, said the attackers eventually “ran out of the pub and legged it”.
Despite his injuries, he said he followed them outside.

“It wasn’t until I was in a police car,” said Mr Larner, “That I realised I was in a bad way. I’d been sliced up all over.”

“I didn’t think of my safety at the time,” he added. “I’d had four or five pints — nothing major.
“I can handle myself. But I was out with an old person and it was out of order.”

As he recovers in hospital, Mr Larner’s friends have brought him a running magazine.  The front cover headline reads: “Learn to run.”

Millwall Football Club have also praised the supporter for his “immense bravery”.  “Millwall Football Club wishes to commend Roy Larner for his immense bravery in incredibly terrifying circumstances, and indeed all other members of the public whose actions helped to save others” a club spokesman told the Independent.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/football-fan-shouted-f-you-im-millwall-and-took-on-knifewielding-terrorists-with-his-bare-fists-35795151.html
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2017, 01:33:11 »
Love the bit about the magazine.

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2017, 22:31:55 »
And that's why the Brits field great infantry......always up for a bit aggro.  Now if it had been Arsenal....  Or better yet Hotspur...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 22:36:31 by Chris Pook »
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline Kat Stevens

non atrocitate, non clementia mutabatur.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2017, 01:23:04 »
And that's why the Brits field great infantry......always up for a bit aggro.  Now if it had been Arsenal....  Or better yet Hotspur...

Ahem..."Spurs", and West Ham fans regularly kick crap out of Milwall fans.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2017, 15:15:59 »
Ahem..."Spurs", and West Ham fans regularly kick crap out of Milwall fans.

Yeah, but you have to admit the thought of them being tackled by a "Yid" is intriguing.  >:D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10908591/Yid-chanting-by-Tottenham-Hotspur-fans-no-longer-an-arrestable-offence-at-White-Hart-Lane-says-Metropolitan-Police.html
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2017, 13:06:50 »
Another arrest - this from Metro Police:
... Detectives investigating the London Bridge terror attack carried out a warrant, and made a further arrest in east London this evening, Sunday, 11 June.

At 21:50hrs officers from the Met's Counter Terrorism Command, supported by the Territorial Support Group, arrested a 19-year-old man [ U ] at an address in Barking.

He was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

He has been taken into custody at a south London police station and is detained under the Terrorism Act.

Searches of a residential address in Barking are ongoing.

Six other men remain in custody.

A 28-year-old man [T] was arrested at 02:05hrs on 10 June at a residential address in Barking. He has been taken into custody at a police station in Berkshire and is detained under the Terrorism Act. Searches of the residential address in Barking are ongoing.

A 27-year-old man [ O ] was arrested on a street in Ilford under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) at around 22.00hrs on 5 June. He is now being held under terrorism legislation.

A 29-year-old man [Q] was arrested at an address in Ilford on 5 June under PACE. He is now being held under terrorism legislation.

A 30-year-old man [N] was arrested at an address in Ilford on suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts, contrary to section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006, at approximately 01.30hrs on 7 June. He also remains in police custody.

A 29-year-old man [R] was arrested at an address in Newham on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000, at approximately 01:15hrs on 9 June. He also remains in custody.

A 27-year-old man [ S ] was arrested at a residential address in Ilford n suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000, at 20:36hrs on 9 June. He also remains in custody ...
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter