Author Topic: QUESTIONS about JOINING THE RESERVES  (Read 99001 times)

Offline RocketRichard

• Donor
  • Rate Post
QUESTIONS about JOINING THE RESERVES
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2017, 22:50:05 »
@mariomike,

I have email inquiries in to recruiting for various questions but I was hoping for a quicker answer.
See the link. All good info.

https://www.cfmws.com/en/aboutus/psp/dfit/fitness/forceprogram/pages/about-the-force-program.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: QUESTIONS about JOINING THE RESERVES
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2017, 22:54:02 »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 23:09:36 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline asekhon010

• Rate Post
Re: Packing for Basic [MERGED]
« Reply #252 on: July 06, 2017, 22:55:26 »
Hey guys i want to join the army reserves how would i do so? Im 16 btw

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Offline asekhon010

• Rate Post
Reserves questions
« Reply #253 on: July 06, 2017, 23:04:24 »
Hi i want to join the reserves as an infantry soldier, im 16 and i live in ontario what should i do to join?

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2017, 09:29:55 »
You will need to speak with a Recruiter at a Local Unit.
http://www.forces.ca/en/centres/findarecruiter-110

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Re: Packing for Basic [MERGED]
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2017, 21:16:17 »
Hey guys i want to join the army reserves how would i do so? Im 16 btw

Welcome to Army.ca. A couple of things to note; please refrain from posting the same thing more than once, either in multiple threads or in the same thread. As well, when waiting for a reply, it's important to be patient. A reply might not appear immediately for various reasons. In the mean time, while a poster is waiting for an answer to their question, it gives them time to research the site and there's a good chance they'll find the answers they're seeking in the interim.
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline ncolt

• Rate Post
PT1 course
« Reply #256 on: July 17, 2017, 13:10:31 »
Hi there. Can anyone describe to me a typical week doing PT1 in Meaford ON, with the Reserves (GGFG's OTTAWA)? I'm signing up and would like some kind of heads-up, if possible. Thanks!

Offline 1984UKlife

• Rate Post
Local Calgary Reserve Training
« Reply #257 on: July 24, 2017, 15:29:59 »
I have been looking into joining up with the reserves locally in Calgary and like the part time aspect of BMQ, I am finding however that most of the trades require a full-time training requirement in Borden for the months of July and August, which isn't really doable for me.
I wondered if there are any trades that complete ALL training part time in Calgary?

Thanks.

Offline RocketRichard

• Donor
  • Rate Post
Re: Local Calgary Reserve Training
« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2017, 17:26:38 »
I have been looking into joining up with the reserves locally in Calgary and like the part time aspect of BMQ, I am finding however that most of the trades require a full-time training requirement in Borden for the months of July and August, which isn't really doable for me.
I wondered if there are any trades that complete ALL training part time in Calgary?

Thanks.

Hello:

Highly unlikely.  If you are interested in the Army Reserve call 403 310 ARMY.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2017, 10:15:42 »
Hi there. Can anyone describe to me a typical week doing PT1 in Meaford ON, with the Reserves (GGFG's OTTAWA)? I'm signing up and would like some kind of heads-up, if possible.
Your best bet is to speak with the recruiter at GGFG or ask to speak with someone who has recently done the training.  Last time I worked as a Recruiter for a Reserve Unit I welcomed new applicants to come in and speak with individuals who recently did the training.  Reason for this is that even though I was a recruiter I did my Basic Course in the 90's and things have definitely changed.

Thanks.

I can't think of any occupation that allows the occupation training to be done part-time.  If you were to join an occupation that you are fully qualified in on the civilian side, then possibly a PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment) could be completed to allow you to bypass occupation training.  But eventually you'd need to do other courses in your career that require full time attendance.