Author Topic: All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)  (Read 50270 times)

Offline Tavor

• Rate Post
Re: Help with Initial ILP (education reimbursment)
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2009, 19:06:49 »
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew approximately how long it took to receive the education reimbursement.  I am currently in graduate school and will need to take time off to complete by BMOQ and subsequent courses.  The money would go a long way to taking the financial pressure off.  Any and all advice is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

T.

Offline CBH99

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Re: Help with Initial ILP (education reimbursment)
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2009, 20:04:46 »
It took me about a month & a half to get my cheque, but it may be different depending on your specific situation.

I filled out my ILP with the help of my orderly room staff.  Once it was all filled out, it was submitted online to the case manager - who in turn approved it.  The cheque was then issued - entire time took about a month and a half.
Fortune Favours the Bold...and the Smart.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some Boondock Saints kicking around?

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Cpl
reimbursement for similar courses on second ILP
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2009, 09:04:37 »

Wanted to see if anyone else have been in a similar situation. I completed my first ILP and obtained a Business diploma from a local University. I had a second ILP approved for Security Management certificate from University of Calgary and some of the core courses requirements for that certificate contain business courses. After trying to get reimbursement for advance credits I received in the business courses due to me having the diploma I've been told that there won't be any reimbursement of advance credit fees or even of any business related courses due to me having a business diploma.

So my question is, has anyone obtained reimbursement for courses related to their first ILP ?

Offline torunisfun

• Rate Post
ILP
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2009, 01:51:44 »
Last year I completed an ILP, submitted it, and received my $2000 a few months later.

Now this year is finished, do I need to re-do the eILP? I still have the approval email sent to me...Or do I just give my transcripts and stuff to the unit clerk?

Thanks

Offline dangles

• Rate Post
ILP Education Reimbursement - Civilian Pilot's Licenses?
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2012, 14:41:19 »
Hi there,

I am an Infanteer in the PRes who is going through SQ or BMQ-L at the moment. I know that I can get my University education reimbursed in my final year [I am in my third year now].

However, I want to do flight training towards gaining my Private Pilot's License, or Commercial Pilot's License. I was wondering if that would be reimbursed, considering that the flight school I will be attending is registered under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005?

I realize I would have to fill out an ILP stating why it would be beneficial for myself as an Infanteer to do this training, however I believe with the right words I could make it pass. Yet, is this something one can even get reimbursed?

Thanks for the help, sorry if it is in the wrong forum.
“The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it.” - Epicurus

Online MJP

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: ILP Education Reimbursement - Civilian Pilot's Licenses?
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2012, 15:04:40 »
You are usually restricted by the fact that it has to be for a degree or diploma but throw it in and hope for the best.

210.801 - EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT - PRIMARY RESERVE

210.801(1) (Purpose) This instruction sets out the policy for the reimbursement of education expenses for eligible members to obtain a degree or diploma at a university, college or other education institution.

Hope is not a valid COA

Offline dangles

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2012, 15:15:12 »
You are usually restricted by the fact that it has to be for a degree or diploma but throw it in and hope for the best.

210.801 - EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT - PRIMARY RESERVE

210.801(1) (Purpose) This instruction sets out the policy for the reimbursement of education expenses for eligible members to obtain a degree or diploma at a university, college or other education institution.

Thank you for the help...I guess I can still try!
“The greater the difficulty, the more the glory in surmounting it.” - Epicurus

Offline Ditch

• Established 1998
  • Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I routinely step in it, but like conflict...
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2012, 17:45:22 »
Most probably not. What benefit to the CF would be gained by you getting a PPL/CPL?  You would never be employed in your trade where pilot skills would be required.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Offline exgunnertdo

• Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2012, 17:49:39 »
I worked in the same section as the ILP people last year, shared an office with one of the staff officers who sees ILP applications.

I can't comment specifically about PPL, but they were dealing with another situation (and I forget the details) where an application was denied because it didn't lead to a degree or diploma.  The member's case was very good, but the policy was clear the the program of study has to lead to a degree or diploma.  That critical piece of the CBI wasn't up for interpretation.

Like you said, though, nothing lost in trying.
"Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . ."
"God fights on the side with the best artillery"
- Napoleon

Offline GeoJen

• Rate Post
All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2013, 01:12:10 »
I am interested in ILP and was wondering if anyone on here could tell me more about it?
Is there obligatory service with it? And can I do it while still on my initial contract?
Thanks  :)

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: ILP
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 07:08:16 »
You've got it backwards.  You want information on the Regular Force Education Reimbursement Program (Reg F ER).

You submit an ILP (Individual Learning Plan) to seek approval for reimbursement of courses that you will take in the future under Reg F ER.

Be aware that funding is up in the air for next fiscal year - see http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=109469.0.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:48:11 by Occam »

Offline UnwiseCritic

• Rate Post
Re: Individual Learning Plan?
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2013, 17:25:41 »
I am hoping to make the leap to officer at some point in my career. But I am not eager to attend school for four years straight. As I could be working and gaining qualifications in that time. And most schools allow at least 2 years to be transferred over into a undergrad program. So an ILP could work out quite well. As I'm thinking of going to the dark side in 6-8 years. However I think I would like to attend a university for a semester to kickstart my schooling. And I think having that semester and face time with professors would make me a more effective distance learner. And now to near future would be a good time to do it as I don't have much rank so my absence for 4 months won't be as damaging as it would be if I held a higher position in the platoon. Plus we're a peacetime army now, so there is not a huge strain for bodies. Even if I choose not to go officer I think having even some education would help once I become an nco. It will at least help me articulate myself better and probably help with the paperwork. And I do believe once warrants promotion is in sight that some schooling can help. Should I go that far up the ranks.

If its not possible, it's not possible. I have the form from the pso filled out and ready to go up the chain of command. I just want to come in with a clearer idea of what I want/able to do. If it is possible I am willing to pay and or sign more years of my life away.
"He who hates correction is stupid!"

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Let me check my Giveashitometer. Nope, nothing.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Airborne Electronic Sensor Operators - AES OP
Re: Individual Learning Plan?
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2013, 17:49:10 »
I read your post but wasn't really able to pick out a question ???
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -- Leonardo da Vinci

Offline CombatMacgyver

• Rate Post
  • Escaped from Valcatraz
ILP link
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2015, 15:30:44 »
Does anyone have an updated link for the ILP?  All the links I have now just 404 (internet links, haven't hit the DIN yet).

Thanks.

http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/DLM/engraph/services/er/ilp/ilp_e.asp  (this doesn't work anymore)

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: ILP link
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2015, 15:44:28 »
Does anyone have an updated link for the ILP?  All the links I have now just 404 (internet links, haven't hit the DIN yet).

Thanks.

http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/DLM/engraph/services/er/ilp/ilp_e.asp  (this doesn't work anymore)

You may have better luck there.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 15:54:12 by mariomike »

Offline CombatMacgyver

• Rate Post
  • Escaped from Valcatraz
Re: ILP link
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2015, 12:13:18 »
Seems as though there isn't an internet link at all anymore.  I could've sworn there was, whatever.

http://img-dcb-ioutpro.forces.mil.ca:88/ILP/engraph/login_e.asp?act=out

Is the current DIN link if anyone else needs it in the future.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
ILP reinbursment and grants for members
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2017, 17:52:52 »
Few questions about schooling (POC email on DWAN is inactive and all the old links I had were lost in a server update)

1. Is the reimbursement for NCMs taking the NCM-PD still at 50% upon completion of the program or has it been raised back up to 100%? [ I had thought it switched to 50% but a clerk I spoke with was sure it was 100%]

2. If a member wants to take a 2 year (part time and/or online)diploma, say a general arts and science, is there a program that will offer a reimbursement like the NCM-PDs Defense and Security program?

3. Is there any funds or grants in the system that will allow young (or poor, essentially) NCMs to be lent or gifted money in order for them to take post secondary education?

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
Re: ILP reinbursment and grants for members
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2017, 18:21:40 »
If you want to do something other than the ncm pd, go for it.
The ILP process is the same and still at 100% as far as I know

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell