Author Topic: The Merged Thread on Gay/ Homosexual Topics and the CF.  (Read 161938 times)

MuayThaiFighter

What do you heterosexual men and women think of gays and lesbians joining Canadian Forces?

When accepted should they have same rights as other Canadian Force members(I mean like in getting payed same amount,health benefits etc.)?

Offline muskrat89

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Desert Rat
Re: The Merged Thread on Gay/ Homosexual Topics and the CF.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 10:46:00 »
Not to worry, MTF. You‘ll be treated just fine.
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 10:58:00 »
LoL.
Dude are you living on an island or something?
"If i ever get my hands cut off will i have to leave the army because i cannot salute correctly?"
I think you should do like someone mentioned and switch over to observe mode. This is a message forum, sure. You have questions, great. A lot of your questions, and i hate to say it, are very stupid and people are going to make fun of you.
Watch some of the other questions people ask and follow suit.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Redneck Tn-type

• Rate Post
  • Timmy's Coffee: the Fifth Food Group
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 12:22:00 »
Too much time on your hands?  Not enough to think about with your own life?  I‘ve been in over 17 years and I couldn‘t give two sh--- whether someone is homosexual or not.  If they do their job, are mature, respect others, etc. no problem.  I know several gay men and women I work with, and I‘ve NEVER seen anyone "ACT" gay.
     I‘ve got better things to think and worry about.  Don‘t you?

Cheers.    :warstory:
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger".  It just hurts more.

Offline WProhphet

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 14:18:00 »
lol, I can‘t tell if he is naive, or honestly that beligerent.

When accepted should they have same rights as other Canadian Force members(I mean like in getting payed same amount,health benefits etc.)?

Are you suggesting that because someone has a different sexual preference then what is considered "normal" that consideration into the idea of offering them less rights then anyone else?  What kind of stup*d f*ckin idea is that?

Because one is a homosexual, does not make them any less a human being then any heterosexual.  Seriously, don‘t post stupid questions.

D-n-A

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2003, 15:17:00 »
lol

I have no problems with homosexuals in the CF, aslong as they do their job well, etc, that applies to everyone, either heterosexual or homosexual

why shouldent they have the same rights as everyone else? an why would there pay be different then anyone else‘s?

as for health reasons, are you thinking it should be different because you believe homosexuals are more prone to get HIV/AIDs, it‘s not just something gay people can pick up, heterosexuals can get it just as easily

Offline combat_medic

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Mod of burninating
    • Seaforth Highlanders of Canada
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2003, 03:20:00 »
No, we all think they should be let in, and then treated like crap, not paid, be entitled to no benefits, and be used as slaves in our evil plans to take over the world! <-insert sarcasm here

OK kid, you REALLY REALLY NEED to stop posting stupid, ignorant tripe like that. I personally think you‘re from another planet, because you don‘t seem to understand this tiny concept called basic human rights.

So, either you‘re INCREDIBLY naive and ignorant, or this is all some sick flame kindle joke. In either case, I would recommend you shup up right quick before you shove both feet further into your mouth.
"If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck." - Paracowboy

MuayThaiFighter

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2003, 04:28:00 »
Originally posted by muskrat89:
[qb] Not to worry, MTF. You‘ll be treated just fine. [/qb]
I‘m not worried I am 100% heterosexual.I just wanted your guys opinion.I am not giving mine because if I do it won‘t be nice and there will be too many pissed off people if I do.I know when not to say something.

MuayThaiFighter

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2003, 04:32:00 »
Originally posted by Ghost778:
[qb] LoL.
Dude are you living on an island or something?
"If i ever get my hands cut off will i have to leave the army because i cannot salute correctly?"
I think you should do like someone mentioned and switch over to observe mode. This is a message forum, sure. You have questions, great. A lot of your questions, and i hate to say it, are very stupid and people are going to make fun of you.
Watch some of the other questions people ask and follow suit. [/qb]
No you wouldn‘t have to leave for not being able to salute properly,because of a cut off arm,but you‘d probably have to leave since you wouldn‘t be able to hold the weapons used properly.Besides if you lost an arm I‘m sure CF would consider you disabled and would no longer want you,am I correct?

MuayThaiFighter

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2003, 04:35:00 »
Originally posted by Thaedes:
[qb] lol, I can‘t tell if he is naive, or honestly that beligerent.

Are you suggesting that because someone has a different sexual preference then what is considered "normal" that consideration into the idea of offering them less rights then anyone else?  What kind of stup*d f*ckin idea is that?

Because one is a homosexual, does not make them any less a human being then any heterosexual.  Seriously, don‘t post stupid questions. [/qb]
If the question is so stupid,what does that make you for answering?

Offline Jungle

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2003, 07:47:00 »
Originally posted by MuayThaiFighter:
[qb]
I know when not to say something. [/qb]
Looks like you don‘t. Now take a break with the questions and use the search engine, you‘ll find answers to most questions you have, as some have been discussed at length here. And slow down on the arrogance.
"I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."
- John G. Diefenbaker. July 1, 1960. From the Canadian Bill of Rights.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2003, 12:54:00 »
It makes him very patient. He‘s trying to help someone from looking stupid but he‘s not getting much help from you, MTF.

I‘ve a pretty good feeling your anti homosexual from the comment you made about keeping your opinions to yourself. Thats great.
When i was a kid i thought the same way.

Should homosexuals be allowed in the military? Why not. They are burried on the beaches of normandy after all.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Ruthless4Life

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2003, 13:59:00 »
D@mn it, this thread should end now. Asking how homosexuals get treated doesn‘t have to do with the military whatsoever. It is the society and the mindset the people have.

MuayThaiFighter

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2003, 16:27:00 »
Originally posted by Travis:
[qb] I dun think so,  then some lonley gay on tha battlefield would see some soldier n rape em! :S [/qb]
Don‘t you think that is a bit of an exaggeration since it doesn‘t necessarily take a gay person to do that.

Besides it doesn‘t make sense because you are assuming all soldiers are men,and they will always be the ones helping you out on the battle fields and this just isn‘t the case.

If you‘re going to have a debate with others in here at least make sense bud.

Offline RecceO

• Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2003, 19:33:00 »
A persons sexual preferance wouldn‘t (or shouldn‘t) affect the way they soldier. So why shouldn‘t they be entitled to the same pay or health benefits as other people due too their sexual preferance, they probably soldier aswell or better than many straight individuals in the forces. They are humans and they do have rights. I don‘t know where you come from but this is Canada we legalized homosexual marriages so if homosexuals can marry the people they love like heterosexual people why can‘t they be allowed to work in the forces like heterosexual people.

holywars33

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2003, 20:25:00 »
What the ****  is with all the homophobes?  I personally don‘t care if a homosexual or lesbian is in a foxhole next to me.  Everyone is entitled to thier opinion and have thier own preferences, just as long as they don‘t press them on me or others.

MuayThaiFighter

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2003, 20:30:00 »
Originally posted by Martin de Souza:
[qb] A persons sexual preferance wouldn‘t (or shouldn‘t) affect the way they soldier. So why shouldn‘t they be entitled to the same pay or health benefits as other people due too their sexual preferance, they probably soldier aswell or better than many straight individuals in the forces. They are humans and they do have rights. I don‘t know where you come from but this is Canada we legalized homosexual marriages so if homosexuals can marry the people they love like heterosexual people why can‘t they be allowed to work in the forces like heterosexual people. [/qb]
Just to add two comments to this,just because Canada recently allowed gay marriages does it make it right?And what does gays getting married have to do with them serving in Canadian Forces? I can‘t see any connection here.

Explain this to me.

Offline WProhphet

• Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2003, 21:39:00 »

Foolish for wasting my time, heh, but I don‘t mind.  A spare minute everyday here or there spent trying to ridicule other foolishness is time well wasted in my opinion.

Just to add two comments to this,just because Canada recently allowed gay marriages does it make it right?And what does gays getting married have to do with them serving in Canadian Forces? I can‘t see any connection here.

Explain this to me.

Yes, it does make it right.  Since sexual orientation is a superficial classification of individuals.  Since other individuals marry and have children, it stands to reason that homosexual individuals can do this as well (adopt children since they obviously cannot procreate as heterosexual couples do).

What do homosexuals being allowed to get married have to do with the Canadian Forces?  Well that is a good question, but one that has a pretty good answer as well.  All freedoms and rights within Canada are upheld in the Military.  A new freedom being granted (long overdue) to individuals in the civillian world must be granted to those in the Military world (at least here in Canada).  This will increase the over all amount of marriages in the Canadian forces (likely not by much, but then we don‘t have the #‘s or statistics to even get a ball park figure).  Not to mention, since the combat arms are almost entirely composed of male individuals, this is most likely to be the place to see the largest number of increased marriages.  I‘m sure you can see the problem here, (though it may not be obvious).  Spouses working together, especially in the field and in the same regiment could have many potential problems.  As such, there would have to be regulations of some sort monitoring this like at many other places of work (not just homosexual, but heterosexual as well).

Now, correct me if I‘m wrong but I‘m fairly certain there are already some guidelines for the heterosexual marriages in the forces I‘d imagine - it‘d simply be a matter of adapting it to fit homosexual marriages as well.

MTF, since you‘re already in the position of devil‘s advocate right now, why don‘t you provide us with some well thought out answers as to why individuals of homosexual preference should be paid less, or treated with less dignity?  or any of the other ridiculous questions you originally asked?

To me, to ridicule people for their sexual preference is as silly as ridiculing them for their favorite colour.  Would you honestly believe that someone deserved less money because they liked blue instead of yellow?

Offline RecceO

• Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2003, 22:46:00 »
What I mean‘t by that statement was that since we allow them to be married should we not allow them into the forces (if they are not already allowed). As OUGrizz siad: I personally don‘t care if a homosexual or lesbian is in a foxhole next to me. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion and have thier own preferences, just as long as they don‘t press them on me or others.

MuayThaiFighter

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2003, 00:12:00 »
Originally posted by Thaedes:
[qb]    

Foolish for wasting my time, heh, but I don‘t mind.  A spare minute everyday here or there spent trying to ridicule other foolishness is time well wasted in my opinion.

Explain this to me.

Yes, it does make it right.  Since sexual orientation is a superficial classification of individuals.  Since other individuals marry and have children, it stands to reason that homosexual individuals can do this as well (adopt children since they obviously cannot procreate as heterosexual couples do).

What do homosexuals being allowed to get married have to do with the Canadian Forces?  Well that is a good question, but one that has a pretty good answer as well.  All freedoms and rights within Canada are upheld in the Military.  A new freedom being granted (long overdue) to individuals in the civillian world must be granted to those in the Military world (at least here in Canada).  This will increase the over all amount of marriages in the Canadian forces (likely not by much, but then we don‘t have the #‘s or statistics to even get a ball park figure).  Not to mention, since the combat arms are almost entirely composed of male individuals, this is most likely to be the place to see the largest number of increased marriages.  I‘m sure you can see the problem here, (though it may not be obvious).  Spouses working together, especially in the field and in the same regiment could have many potential problems.  As such, there would have to be regulations of some sort monitoring this like at many other places of work (not just homosexual, but heterosexual as well).

Now, correct me if I‘m wrong but I‘m fairly certain there are already some guidelines for the heterosexual marriages in the forces I‘d imagine - it‘d simply be a matter of adapting it to fit homosexual marriages as well.

MTF, since you‘re already in the position of devil‘s advocate right now, why don‘t you provide us with some well thought out answers as to why individuals of homosexual preference should be paid less, or treated with less dignity?  or any of the other ridiculous questions you originally asked?

To me, to ridicule people for their sexual preference is as silly as ridiculing them for their favorite colour.  Would you honestly believe that someone deserved less money because they liked blue instead of yellow? [/qb]
I know where you are coming from,but I disagree 100%,but that is my right as an individual to feel that way,about allowing gays to adopt children,but that‘s besides the point and this thread is about Canadian Forces.

I never said they should be paid less and have different benefits I am just asking what you guys think?

If you really want my opinion,then I‘d have to say I don‘t think they should be allowed in Canadian Forces period,if U.S can avoid that from happening why can‘t Canada?There are religious people in army correct?Well homosexuality is against all religions so to make someone who is religious to have to be around that all the time when training is simply wrong.

That would be like me making you eat something you don‘t like and allergic to.

Obviously you can‘t get rid of religious people in army because that would mean getting rid of more then half the people in army and we would end up with even a smaller army which Canada can‘t afford to have happen.So you might as well get rid of homosexuality in army,which is immoral anyways.Canadian Forces if I am correct is supposed enforce morals to some extent,so does it make sense to have gays and lesbians join?NO.

Like I said that‘s just my opinion with my rights to believe in,since you want to talk about freedom and rights.

As far as you talking about colours,it is pointless because if you‘re trying to say I sound racist,I am not racist,although some of you may think I am just for my opinions against gays.

To me that‘s not racism it is called common sense.

Anyways I have answered your question and given my opinion,but you can disagree all you want,it‘s not going to change my opinion.

Your point of view is your right just as my opinion is my right,like you said Canada is about freedom and rights.

Offline nULL

• Rate Post
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2003, 02:37:00 »
Actually, the only people who SHOULDN‘T be allowed in the military are people who use religon to justify their being bigots; You people sicken me.

Etown

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2003, 03:16:00 »
Well homosexuality is against all religions so to make someone who is religious to have to be around that all the time when training is simply wrong.

That is quite an ignorant statement. There is no rule, guideline or even remote suggestion in my religion that states that homosexuality is immoral. It does however have rules about treating people badly, so by your logic I shouldn‘t be subjected to your immoral presence. Oh, and I shouldn‘t have to put up with all you evil meat eaters either.(no pun intended)

So please stop projecting your backward outdated views onto the rest of us with faith.

MuayThaiFighter

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2003, 06:06:00 »
Originally posted by E-Town:
[qb]  
Well homosexuality is against all religions so to make someone who is religious to have to be around that all the time when training is simply wrong.

That is quite an ignorant statement. There is no rule, guideline or even remote suggestion in my religion that states that homosexuality is immoral. It does however have rules about treating people badly, so by your logic I shouldn‘t be subjected to your immoral presence. Oh, and I shouldn‘t have to put up with all you evil meat eaters either.(no pun intended)

So please stop projecting your backward outdated views onto the rest of us with faith. [/qb]
What exactly is your religion?

I‘m Catholic and in my bible it says homosexuality is a sin.My view has nothing to do with being backward,it all has to do with my religion.

"I shouldn‘t have to put up with all you evil meat eaters either.(no pun intended)."

How the ****  did that come up?

Are you saying anyone that eats meat is evil? Don‘t tell me you are one of those typical vegetarians and animal activists who think it is so wrong to kill animals to eat.

Offline Gunnar

• Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.ealdormere.sca.org
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2003, 08:44:00 »
Thaedes, you‘re clearly misinformed.  Blue is a far superior colour to red.  I am surprised you would even defend such an untenable position.

Thanks God we‘re getting into discussions that matter!

Hey MuyThai...what do you think about dogs in the military?  What if they get all worked up because the local chihuahua is in heat?  OMG, how will we handle it when dog-soldiers go nuts!

This whole thread is so far from a rational discussion that it deserves my commentary.  ;-)
If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism --Thomas Sowell

Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for the West as it commits suicide.

Offline combat_medic

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Mod of burninating
    • Seaforth Highlanders of Canada
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2003, 10:04:00 »
MuayThaiFighter: Since you are ignorant and a bigot and obviously closed-minded and prejudiced, you will not be allowed to join. If you lie on your interview and make it in anyway, it had better not be in my regiment. I will ensure that the recruiters know about this if you do join, as these kind of bigoted attitutes are NOT tolerated in the CF.
"If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck." - Paracowboy