• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Election: 2016

tomahawk6 said:
The US military prides itself on being non-political.When you take the oath to uphold and defend the constitution thats what you do.We dont take an oath of allegiance to any one President.They all get the best that the military can provide.A few generals have gotten in trouble because they broke that rule.

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
http://www.history.army.mil/html/faq/oaths.html

FJAG said:
On a completely unrelated matter: Yeah Cubs.  :Bday Dancer:

Saw this the other day,

Chicago passes 600 murders & will have its deadliest year in 2 decades
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/11/01/chicago-surpasses-600-homicides-in-2016-and-is-on-pace-to-have-its-deadliest-year-in-two-decades/?utm_term=.305f106f1316 … but the Cubs are doing well so it's all cool.

Chicago PD Police chaplain over the radio on Halloween,
"I wanna say to all the guys working tonight, God bless ya and Go Cubs!"

FDNY Marine 1 ordered to provide protection for a Clinton victory fireworks show 30 minutes after the polls close.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3892922/Clinton-planned-fireworks-filled-victory-party-Manhattan-start-just-30-minutes-polls-close.html#ixzz4OldMglHX

The Largest Bioterrorism Attack in US History Affected At Least 751 people And Was An Attempt to Swing An Election.
http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/the-largest-bioterrorism-attack-in-us-history-was-an-at-1788407782?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=Paleofuture_twitter

MCG said:
.... intellectually shallow analysis .....
And neither side has the market cornered on that.  ::)

Lightguns said:
Given the mantra of "innocent until proven guilty" of this site.... Given the level of email evidence on the level of organization of Democrat paid vandals....
  :brickwall:

FML  Five more days (even though I know merely holding the election won't stop the rampant, finger-pointing idiocy    :not-again:  )

My wife has been enjoying her "Soap" also known as CNN or "Breathless reporting" I would say one of the major issues with media is the 24hr newscycle, they must fill that time and they will stir the pot to do it. I actually find the blogs are doing far deeper analysis of issues than the major media, which are all former shadows of themselves without a large number of reporters or researchers and far tighter deadlines. I would say that for stories I have been involved in, they are often getting 40% of the facts right.

Today the 24hrs reports the stock market is predicting a Trump win with a high accuracy rate of prediction.  If it was March I would say next will be the ground hogs.

Also saw a report on the news (don't recall which one) where the Clinton mob is now heavily targeting to at least get a tie election as then the senate (?) picks the winner and they are banking she would be picked.  Doesn't look good if they are now planning on not getting a clear victory.

Both are scary and it is sad that they are what the country could get behind as leader but in a way I think it would be really funny if they did tie and Trump was picked.

On the subject of civil unrest, I'm much more concerned about violence and rioting in the face of a Clinton defeat than I am about a Trump defeat.

ModlrMike said:
On the subject of civil unrest, I'm much more concerned about violence and rioting in the face of a Clinton defeat than I am about a Trump defeat.

Whoever gets in, I know a pool on election night DOAs and non-fatals would be in poor taste. 

But, for anyone concerned about violence and rioting on election night,

here is the forecast over the last 24 hours,
https://www.google.ca/search?q=trump+clinton+election+violence&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=CGsbWN7mC8qC8QeFj4mACg&gws_rd=ssl#tbs=qdr:d&q=trump+clinton+election+violence

Hopefully there will be no violence, and those working the streets will have a safe shift!

Whoever wins, my relationship with the country of my birth will likely never be the same. The increasing levels of antisemitism on both the left and the right in the USA have got me spooked.

Trump Army: Georgia militia steps up its 'combat training' as it prepares to 'fight and kill' should Hillary Clinton 'steal' the election
- Prominent patriot militia groups are preparing for potential unrest following the elections
- One such group is the Three Percent Security Force
- It's name comes from the notion that no more than 3 percent of the American population fought in the Revolutionary War against Britain
- The group admires Donald Trump's promise to deport illegals, stop Muslims entering the country and build a wall along the Mexico border
- Plans are in place for a possible post-election march on Washington D.C.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center estimates there were 276 active militias last year, up from 42 in 2008

Full article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3896784/U-S-militia-girds-trouble-presidential-election-nears.html

:facepalm:

The Southern Poverty Law Center estimates there were 276 active militias last year, up from 42 in 2008

Hmmm, sounds scary, let me guess guy joins Militia group, goes drinking and shooting for 1 weekend, next weekend there is no money for more beer and ammo, joins new militia, goes drinking and shooting for the weekend, next weekend no money for beer or ammo and they are all a bunch of dicks anyways, join another group.......etc, etc

Colin P said:
The Southern Poverty Law Center estimates there were 276 active militias last year, up from 42 in 2008

Hmmm, sounds scary, let me guess guy joins Militia group, goes drinking and shooting for 1 weekend, next weekend there is no money for more beer and ammo, joins new militia, goes drinking and shooting for the weekend, next weekend no money for beer or ammo and they are all a bunch of dicks anyways, join another group.......etc, etc

Like these beer guzzling guys?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/10/15/it-will-be-a-bloodbath-inside-the-kansas-militia-plot-to-ignite-a-religious-war/

Liberals Plan To Riot If Trump Wins!

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=trump+wins+democrats+riot#id=18&vid=a266c4baf927a280a3279d4c34d80017&action=click

AND SO IT BEGINS! Riot Cops Deployed at Anti TRUMP Rally Chaos in Anaheim & New Mexico

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=trump+wins+democrats+riot#id=27&vid=d58f3564b91eb31d72b8f61cd8537ea4&action=view

[cheers]

If we recall, BLM is funded by George Soros.

George Soros is also bankrolling Clinton.

'Nuff said.

TOP BLACK LIVES MATTER ACTIVIST: ‘WE WILL INCITE RIOTS EVERYWHERE IF TRUMP WINS’
"Dear white people...niggas such as myself are fully hell bent on inciting riots everywhere we go"

http://www.infowars.com/top-black-lives-matter-activist-we-will-incite-riots-everywhere-if-trump-wins/

This is the depths this site thread has sunk too.  We're now citing infowars.  The soapbox of Alex Jones.  A man who denies the Sandy Hook massacre happened, propagates the 9/11 inside job lie and thinks the illuminati exists.  This is garbage that years ago would have had users banned/laughed off this site forever. 

Embarrassing.

I'm really disappointed at the amount of hate mongering I've seen here.  I'm probably older than the majority who express their opinions on this website and have seen quite a few elections in my day. 

I  was born in the U.S. and lived through the  scandals (or near-scandals) of Truman, JFK, Nixon,  and the two Bush Presidents. So what's happening now isn't totally new.  What is new, however, is the amount of intolerance being expressed.  It seemed to start with Obama being elected...he was described as having not been born in the U.S. but in Hawaii (before it was a state) or that he was instead born in Kenya. And then there were the ugly rumors about him being a Muslim.  And downright racist cartoons of him looking like a monkey.

Now that hatred and venom is being directed at Clinton, and with a vengeance.  Political elections are always filled with winners and losers.  But even in past elections, the losers graciously accepted defeat. Remember Al Gore?  Even he accepted his defeat by George Bush,  despite voter registration irregularities in Florida, a key battleground state where other Jeb Bush was governor.

To conclude, I would have hoped that the moderators of this Forum would have done more to tone down all the hatred being expressed. Such hatred is not what I remember as being either the Canadian way or the American way.  In other words, cool it, guys.

JLB50 said:
To conclude, I would have hoped that the moderators of this Forum would have done more to tone down all the hatred being expressed. Such hatred is not what I remember as being either the Canadian way or the American way.  In other words, cool it, guys.

You have to report posts and give reasons for me to look at them. Otherwise I just skim and cruise on by. I don't click too many links because, frankly, I don't care enough to.

You also have the choice not to read this thread. You too, The Head.

Scott
Staff

recceguy said:
TOP BLACK LIVES MATTER ACTIVIST: ‘WE WILL INCITE RIOTS EVERYWHERE IF TRUMP WINS’
"Dear white people...niggas such as myself are fully hell bent on inciting riots everywhere we go"

http://www.infowars.com/top-black-lives-matter-activist-we-will-incite-riots-everywhere-if-trump-wins/
You might have been better off just quoting the individual Twitter posts from idiot boy than attributing NobodyWasKilledAtSandyHook-911'sWasAnInsideJob.com.  I've asked this before - even if a stopped clock is right twice a day, can we not do better than this?

[quote author=JLB50] So what's happening now isn't totally new.  What is new, however, is the amount of intolerance being expressed. [/quote]
I don't think you appreciate the state of the world and the scope of whats happening in it. Including of course the part your birth country is playing in destabilizing it.

Now that hatred and venom is being directed at Clinton, and with a vengeance.
Because Clinton is an innocent victim.  Poor Clinton  ::)

To conclude, I would have hoped that the moderators of this Forum would have done more to tone down all the hatred being expressed.
Sorry I call BS.
You'll notice that members here who disagree with each other, even vehemently, are completely civil and cordial to each other in other threads. No one here is bashing each other, being hateful or violating forum rules.

If you want to see hatred click on the links of people getting the shit smashed out of them for expressing a political view. Or, if you're feeling adventurous , read about the track records of the countries giving the candidates money and what some of the US "allies" are doing.

Journeyman said:
And neither side has the market cornered on that.  ::)
Its not for lack of trying on the part of either side either.  The market for stupid can expand to allow access for all who want in.

recceguy said:

If we recall... no it's not.

Just because he donates money to various social welfare groups does not mean he incited these riots or supports the BLM movement.

Take the "Emerald Cities Collaborative" as an example. There mandate is "to develop new community change career pathways especially for low income communities of color."

Does that sounds like a group that might support BLM? Maybe they wouldn't actually send a bus load of their members to a riot, but what if they gave employees paid time off, or vacation days, so that they could go? What if they started sharing BLM posts?

My point is, do you know who funds the Emerald Cities Collaborative? The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Should I hold tem responsible if one of the thousands of awesome charities they fund were to involve themselves in a protest?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/19/no-george-soros-didn-t-give-33-million-to-blacklivesmatter.html

recceguy said:

So what? Individuals, even rich ones, are free to support whatever political party they wish. Some just have more push and pull than others. Welcome to our capitalist democracy. The weather sucks some times, but at least we have cake.

I suspect that some of the people here have been sniffing too much gunpowder.

Back