• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Res Armour to Reg MP

MPHopeful13

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if a) this has already been asked, or b)  this should be in the MP section.
In a little over a year, I plan on applying for the reserves as an armoured soldier. As a long term goal, I intend on receiving a BA in criminology, then CTing to reg MP(NCM). In total, I will probably have ~5-7 yrs. res experience when I apply for my CT. I am aware that when someone from the reg force opts to remuster to MP, they do not require the Police Foundations diploma. My question is, if I have the understated amount of reserve experience, would I require a Police Foundations diploma to CT to MP? Thank you all in advance for your answers, as well as for your service to this country.

Today's requirements to enter a trade may be the same as those 5-7 years from now. No one can tell you what the prerequisites will be for a trade half a decade from now.

Ludoc said:
Today's requirements to enter a trade may be the same as those 5-7 years from now. No one can tell you what the prerequisites will be for a trade half a decade from now.
Thank you for this. While I do recognize that no one on the site is psychic, I was more interested in the standards regarding this sort of transfer as they stand today, so that I am able to plan for what exactly I am doing after HS. By all means, if I need PF, I'll take PF, but, it is $15 800 where I live, and that's a pretty hefty student loan to take out if I don't require it.

MPHopeful13 said:
I apologize in advance if a) this has already been asked, or b)  this should be in the MP section.
In a little over a year, I plan on applying for the reserves as an armoured soldier. As a long term goal, I intend on receiving a BA in criminology, then CTing to reg MP(NCM). In total, I will probably have ~5-7 yrs. res experience when I apply for my CT. I am aware that when someone from the reg force opts to remuster to MP, they do not require the Police Foundations diploma. My question is, if I have the understated amount of reserve experience, would I require a Police Foundations diploma to CT to MP? Thank you all in advance for your answers, as well as for your service to this country.

The requirements at PRESENT for CT from the PRes are PF diploma or similar (BA's in criminology/criminal justice are usually good to go).  That said CFRC's use a matrix of approved schools/programs that changes on a very regular basis (because the curriculums of the various higher learning depots change with time), as well you would (as of right now) still need to pass the MPAC.  What things will be like is anyones guess, and you should plan accordingly.

Back