• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Join the DART team

armymen

Inactive
Reaction score
Where can i apply to join the dart team as a MSEop ? i found more info how to join JTF, Csor, ect than the DART team.
Also i heard that i can still be part of the DART without be post, and get like a 48h warning if we are deploy.
it is right ?
thanks

The DART is not a team that you apply for. If your unit is tasked to fill positions when the DART is needed then you MAY be selected.

By the way, it's the DART, not the DART team, just the DART. (Disaster Assistance Response TEAM)

Further to above,
The majortiy of DART come from Ontario area (Pet, Ottawa, Trenton, Kingston).

If you want to be put on the rolls for it, it would be easier if you were part of 2 Svc Bn in Pet.

It's a unit you get tasked to as opposed to being a unit you request to join (like a CANSOFCOM unit).

The best thing you could do is to put the word up your chain of command that you're interested and you may get tasked to it. Talking to someone who was with the DART, if my memory serves me correctly there aren't very many MSE Op positions in the unit so good luck.

What about Reserve Infantry members who want to join the Defence and Security Platoon. Is it possible?

No. The DART D&S platoon is a standing high-readiness task to 2CMBG due to the short NTM timeframes involved.

However, I have a feeling there will be plenty of spots for qualified reservists to deploy to Haiti in the upcoming months, we're likely there for the long-haul.

BulletMagnet said:
Shoot me now...... :'( 
I thought you would have tired of that, after the last time  >:D

But you're right.
This will be a long-term effort, further justifying bailing on Afghanistan.
Lots of popularity points for the government there, getting the army way from all that nasty war-fighting stuff, and "back" to peacekeeping and humanitarian missions. Plus now, there's no need to spend money on re-equipping the troops.

Why, the collective ovaries of Jack Layton, Steven Staples, and the Toronto Star editorial board must be all a'quiver.
:brickwall:

Edit: typos

We aren't allowed to say (just) "+1" anymore so:

I agree fully with Journeyman's analysis, for the reasons he gave.

This will be very popular and so, by extension, will be Stephen Harper.

Nothing like feeding black babies to make Canadians feel good about themselves - for 'doing' things in which they have, in fact, no involvement at all.

E.R. Campbell said:
Nothing like feeding black babies to make Canadians feel good about themselves - for 'doing' things in which they have, in fact, no involvement at all.

Even better news... they all speak French and are really, really poor and would be grateful for any kind of wage paying job (so can be dragged instantly  into the Quebec manufacturing industry after they get their immigration papers fast tracked)

daftandbarmy said:
Even better news... they all speak French and are really, really poor and would be grateful for any kind of wage paying job (so can be dragged instantly  into the Quebec manufacturing industry after they get their immigration papers fast tracked)

Yes, and see this reproduced under the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act from today's National Post, which will, doubtless, cause a storm of commentary:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2010/01/18/marni-soupcoff-earthquakes-make-bad-laws.aspx
Marni Soupcoff: Earthquakes make bad laws

Posted: January 18, 2010

Marni Soupcoff

The devastation in Haiti is breaking the world’s heart. Politicians, media commentators and ordinary Canadians are all looking for ways to help the earthquake victims. The instinct is natural, good, commendable and wholesome — but it’s producing several bad ideas.

Canada’s government is suggesting that significantly relaxing requirements (family-reunification requirements, in particular) for Haitians to come here as immigrants and refugees would be a good way for us to lend a hand. They should know better. For reasons obvious to anyone familiar with the Mariel boatlift (in which Fidel Castro emptied his jails, and the U.S. was suddenly flooded with a host of Cuban refugees who... well, just see Scarface), issuing a blanket welcome to all citizens of another country is a dangerous proposition.

But even if some of the Haitians who’d be granted status here would be criminals, and we’d strain to fund the extensive health care, housing and social assistance they would need, it would still be a good deal for the wretched of the Earth, right?

Not necessarily: The move would be tantamount to a lottery — one that ignores the massive problems faced by all the other millions of human beings the world over who suffer in equally perilous and excruciating circumstances.

Why would we choose to embrace a crushed, suffering individual from Haiti over a crushed, suffering individual from Darfur, where hundreds of thousands have died? Or Congo, where millions have perished? Because the pictures from Haiti are more graphic and top of mind? Because on a gut level we’re more sympathetic to the casualties of natural disasters than we are to the casualties of man-made conflicts?

Our immigration system is supposed to reflect our priorities and choices about who gets to come to, and stay in, Canada. The system includes refugee provisions to protect people who are at risk of political persecution in their home countries. The victims of Haiti’s earthquake don’t fall into this category. In fact, there is no legal provision in Canada, or any other nation I know of, that systematically admits foreigners simply on the basis that their nation is poor, dysfunctional and afflicted by tragedy. If there were such a provision, literally billions of people from all over sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia would be entitled to enter Canada tomorrow.

If we admit thousands of Haitian immigrants now, we’ll feel good about ourselves for a few months, and help some people. But what happens the next time there is an earthquake — or a war, typhoon, tsunami, or drought? What happens when those victims come knocking? On what basis do we say no?

Hard cases make bad laws, as they say. The same principle applies to natural disasters: Horrible calamities lead to misguided policies.

In the short term, we should do everything we can to bring life-saving food and medical care to Haiti. But changing our immigration system’s rules — or creating massive, on-the-fly loopholes to existing rules — isn’t something that should be done while images of the dead still appear on our front pages. Instead, our lawmakers should think carefully about whether, in light of this tragedy and others like it, our system needs changing. Any changes we do make should be rules of general application — applying to the victims of this and future crises in equal measure. 

Our reaction to the Haitians’ plight is a reminder that we care. The best way to put that care to good use is to ensure our immigration system truly reflects our values.

National Post
msoupcoff@nationalpost.com

She's right and no, she's not a racist - at least not by these comments.

Our refugee policy should involve immigration only as a very last resort.

The Haitians who are qualified to come to Canada are the very people Haiti can lest afford to lose. The people Haiti wants to send are the ones we do not need and cannot integrate into our modern, sophisticated, knowledge economy.

Back