• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada to Spend $5.0Bil on AEW Aircraft

I knew about a dozen people posted to YK over the years. They all absolutely loved it (even their families). I went there a few times and I totally get it - it has the amenities of a much larger city than its population.

Same as you. I have never met a person who didn't beg to go back. I would love to go as well, one of my life goals is a Bison hunt.

If only the CAF had its own airfield in Edmonton capable of handling larger jets.

Oh yeah.
What Einstein approved that decision, and getting rid of the railhead just to make the stupidity more sweet!
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

I know you are being sarcastic, but if there was both significant infrastructure improvements, as well as some incentives added, I don’t think it would be awful.
I spent six weeks working in Whitehorse and was called a babykiller 3 times. I think even with improvements and incentives it would be awful for most, as it's a very niche place to live. I think the population listed is also the summer population and it's actually less than that.

If people think CoL is bad in cities, go up North.

Why are we so short sighted.
It's not like Edmonton has a lack of real estate to build structures on.
At Shearwater was there NIMBYs angry at airplane engine noise?

Then there was the divestment of CAF Housing...........

I spent six weeks working in Whitehorse and was called a babykiller 3 times. I think even with improvements and incentives it would be awful for most, as it's a very niche place to live. I think the population listed is also the summer population and it's actually less than that.

I used to get that all the time in Kingston too. It was an odd thing to say to Naval Reservist lol

Why are we so short sighted.
It's not like Edmonton has a lack of real estate to build structures on.
At Shearwater was there NIMBYs angry at airplane engine noise?

Then there was the divestment of CAF Housing...........

CAF doesn't matter to the Canadian public and government. Mile wide and an inch deep. We aren't a serious country.

It’s baby kittens, isn’t it? I wish the screaming public would be more precise.

I used to get that all the time in Kingston too. It was an odd thing to say to Naval Reservist lol
I was a NCdt working with Army cadets out there for the adventure camp, so was strange for sure.

Beautiful spot, and I'd love to get back out there for a vacation, but not somewhere I'd want to work for more than a temp deployment personally. As I've gotten older I dislike winters more, and that's another tier up from Ottawa (but below Alert). The constant day thing was pretty whacky on the sleep cycle though; first day there I jumped out of bed, had a shower in the shack then realized it was 0130.

Back