• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Hamas finds support in likely places.

I don't think this will go very well for the unions, long term.
Sara Jama, MPP in Ontario was removed from the Legislature today. She should be removed from office...and I am sure she will be.

Sara Jama, MPP in Ontario was removed from the Legislature today. She should be removed from office...and I am sure she will be.

She’s not a politician, she’s an activist. I’m sure the university squatter crowd will welcome her with open arms.

Some great news.....especially for you know who.
THIS is LONG overdue and the history of Canada in conflicts should receive more attention. AND not just peacekeeping.

Some great news.....especially for you know who.
THIS is LONG overdue and the history of Canada in conflicts should receive more attention. AND not just peacekeeping.

Given the Canadian Museum of Human Rights is in Winnipeg, I find it odd that the curriculum missed that out...

Anti-Israel protesters vandalize WWI memorial, burn American flag​

Memorial in Central Park​

107th Infantry Memorial
The 107th Infantry Memorial is dedicated to the men who served in the 107th Infantry Regiment, originally Seventh Regiment of New York, during World War I. The memorial depicts seven men; the one to the far right carrying two Mills bombs, while supporting the wounded soldier next to him. To his right another infantryman rushes towards the enemy positions, while the helmet-less squad leader and another soldier are approaching the enemy with bayonet fixed Lee–Enfield rifles. To the far left, one soldier is holding a mortally wounded soldier, keeping him on his feet. The bronze memorial was donated by 7th–107th Memorial Committee, and was designed and sculpted by Karl Illava, who served in the 107th IR as a sergeant in World War I. The monument was first conceived about 1920, was made in 1926–1927 and was placed in the park and unveiled in 1927, near the perimeter wall at Fifth Avenue and 67th Street.

107th Infantry Memorial
The 107th Infantry Memorial is dedicated to the men who served in the 107th Infantry Regiment, originally Seventh Regiment of New York, during World War I. The memorial depicts seven men; the one to the far right carrying two Mills bombs, while supporting the wounded soldier next to him. To his right another infantryman rushes towards the enemy positions, while the helmet-less squad leader and another soldier are approaching the enemy with bayonet fixed Lee–Enfield rifles. To the far left, one soldier is holding a mortally wounded soldier, keeping him on his feet. The bronze memorial was donated by 7th–107th Memorial Committee, and was designed and sculpted by Karl Illava, who served in the 107th IR as a sergeant in World War I. The monument was first conceived about 1920, was made in 1926–1927 and was placed in the park and unveiled in 1927, near the perimeter wall at Fifth Avenue and 67th Street.

Well there's one good thing that came out of this act of vandalism...

... the history of a hitherto largely unknown brave regiment of US Infantry will become better known world wide. Fascinating that US troops, National Guardsmen, were led by an Australian General with a militia background as part of a British Army. Which explains the Lee-Enfield rifle in the statue I would guess.

N.Y. Guard Soldiers 'broke' Hindenburg Line 100 years ago​

After the war, and outside of the heat of the battle, Monash was generous to the men of the 27th Division.

"I have no hesitation in saying that they fought most bravely, and advanced to the assault most fearlessly, "he wrote.

"The leaders, from the divisional generals downwards, did the utmost within their powers to ensure success. Nor must the very bad conditions under which the 27th Division had to start be forgotten. Our American Allies are, all things considered, entitled to high credit for a fine effort," Monash wrote.

More than 400,000 New Yorkers served in the military during World War I, more than any other state.

107th Infantry Memorial
You know what I would love to see:

The assholes in stocks and pillories being roundly denounced while being pelted with rotten potatos, tomatos and very small rocks.

Episode 18 Madness GIF by The Simpsons

Justin enters the chat
I know you’re not a fan of JT but I don’t know if his passive-aggressive behaviour is at “no respect for standard morality” level yet. It may get there, but I don’t think it’s there yet.

Or if it is, in that case I haven’t had respect for anyone in years :sneaky:

But I digress.

Back