• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP NURSING

Reaction score
Is accelerated Nursing program of 28 months acceptable for ROTP ? I have got two offers at this point one is to accept accelerated program that will run straight 28 months with no summers off and second offer is to accept regular 4 years BSc degree that will have summers off each year. I have already passed CFAT for ROTP but am very confused which program offer should I be accepting. anyone please let me know ? I actually tried to ask recruiter officer too but he seemed to be unsure of it and asked me to wait for my email reply but my deadline to confirm offer is due very soon. anyone please if knows if accelerated program for 28 months starting this fall 2024 is acceptable or not please ?

Is accelerated Nursing program of 28 months acceptable for ROTP ? I have got two offers at this point one is to accept accelerated program that will run straight 28 months with no summers off and second offer is to accept regular 4 years BSc degree that will have summers off each year. I have already passed CFAT for ROTP but am very confused which program offer should I be accepting. anyone please let me know ? I actually tried to ask recruiter officer too but he seemed to be unsure of it and asked me to wait for my email reply but my deadline to confirm offer is due very soon. anyone please if knows if accelerated program for 28 months starting this fall 2024 is acceptable or not please ?
Will the accelerated version give you a Bachelor in Nursing at the end? If yes, it should be OK, but typically your summers as an ROTP candidate are used for BMOQ and other courses you will need.

Will the accelerated version give you a Bachelor in Nursing at the end? If yes, it should be OK, but typically your summers as an ROTP candidate are used for BMOQ and other courses you will need.
Yes this will grant me bachelors degree in the end. Only thing I am worried about if they okay me being going to school during summers instead training. Because right now I also have regular 4 years offer of admission as well that has summers off so I would rather accept that if that increases chances of my acceptance to ROTP . I just don’t want to be left behind just because they see me doing consecutive semesters and not being able to go to training. I have to accept one of these two offer in literally 2 weeks and I’m so stressed. :(

Yes this will grant me bachelors degree in the end. Only thing I am worried about if they okay me being going to school during summers instead training. Because right now I also have regular 4 years offer of admission as well that has summers off so I would rather accept that if that increases chances of my acceptance to ROTP . I just don’t want to be left behind just because they see me doing consecutive semesters and not being able to go to training. I have to accept one of these two offer in literally 2 weeks and I’m so stressed. :(
Have you reached out to the recruiter to ask?

Have you reached out to the recruiter to ask?
Sent them few emails and also tried to ask over the phone as well. Over the phone they weren’t sure and told me that they would have to speak to someone higher up and just asked me to send an email and wait for reply. Only thing is accelerated program offer was issued to me this week and I only got 2 weeks to accept it and Iit will expire. Based on my experience It takes a lot of time to hear back from recruiters emails. Idk what to do. I’m trying every best possible way to find solution. Even tried calling other detachment recruitment centres too , no luck.

Did you call the university and see if they can extend the deadline for your offer acceptance as you're waiting clarity from the CAF? They may work with you on it.

They did not extend it. They said it’s really competitive programs and we don’t change such guidelines as it comes from Ontario colleges.ca

So I ended up accepting compressed nursing now which will finish sooner than regular 4 years. I will keep praying they accept it if not I’ll probably complete this degree and then apply direct officer. I was really excited to start early . But it think it will come when it comes. I however, have another degree from different field which they accepted and made me eligible for direct officer entry in different position (that’s what I originally started my application with) but that’s not what I wanted to do honestly . I want to get into nursing side I’m caf . Then they told me it’s gonna take 2 years for me to just clear background and it’s already a year now since I given cfat. wonder whether I should be keen waiting for ROTP approval or switch back to odrect offer entry and once I get my nurisng degree done by myself I’ll apply for N. officer.
It’s whole lot of confusion at this point . :(

They did not extend it. They said it’s really competitive programs and we don’t change such guidelines as it comes from Ontario colleges.ca

So I ended up accepting compressed nursing now which will finish sooner than regular 4 years. I will keep praying they accept it if not I’ll probably complete this degree and then apply direct officer. I was really excited to start early . But it think it will come when it comes. I however, have another degree from different field which they accepted and made me eligible for direct officer entry in different position (that’s what I originally started my application with) but that’s not what I wanted to do honestly . I want to get into nursing side I’m caf . Then they told me it’s gonna take 2 years for me to just clear background and it’s already a year now since I given cfat. wonder whether I should be keen waiting for ROTP approval or switch back to odrect offer entry and once I get my nurisng degree done by myself I’ll apply for N. officer.
It’s whole lot of confusion at this point . :(

For what it's worth, im in a similar position right now.

Will be going into my second year of university in the fall. I was hoping to get picked up for ROTP either this year or next, but it looks like the pilot application process will put me into my third-year university before being considered. Thus, I'll no longer be eligible for ROTP and have to go DEO.

I guess we either push on with our education so at least we are moving forward, or we sit on our hands and wait for a potential ROTP offer to come in, potentially delaying our career start dates.

As you said, a very confusing position indeed.

Back