• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will 2021 see a new pistol buy?

Will the CAF's new pistol be a:

• the new US service pistol, the Sig Sauer P320 (M17/M18)?

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • the British version of the Glock 17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Beretta APX?

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • a Canadian designed Black Creek Labs PX17?

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • a Norinco?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something else?

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was for the M9 not 1911
It was a massive mistake to acquire that holster and the fact they figured it fits an M9, it should fit the Inglis No2 Mk1* was just ineptitude.
Just catching up. You are, of course, correct. The M9 is dimensionally different enough from the BHP to cause the holster to be wholly unsuitable unless you were standing very still.

Just catching up. You are, of course, correct. The M9 is dimensionally different enough from the BHP to cause the holster to be wholly unsuitable unless you were standing very still.

Just be vewwwy, vewwwy, quiet.... ;)

Sneaking Elmer Fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

Well yes the slide isn’t going to stay in battery without the barrel in, barrels stored separately because CAF rules of course.
OK question - will the continued rules contribute to the wear and tear of the pistol - continual assembly and disassembly to store IAW the rules?

I can say for certainty we overcleaned the FNC1A1 - the whole spotless weapon thing reduced their life IMO.

OK question - will the continued rules contribute to the wear and tear of the pistol - continual assembly and disassembly to store IAW the rules?

I can say for certainty we overcleaned the FNC1A1 - the whole spotless weapon thing reduced their life IMO.
It doesn’t help.
The vast majority of Military weapons get the crap best out of them in training.
But assuming you aren’t doing it multiple times a day, the west from just disassembling and reassembling is minor.
Repeated TOETs, cleaning, and general mishandling are vastly worse.

Very few entities do Lifecycle testing for live rounds, let alone a sample size of 1 from death by TOET’s to firearms.
Ft Stewart has some data on the M4, M9 and M249, for their training fleet - as they have been trying to get baseline code for the round counters that are getting installed.
The big issues they saw, was that user mishandling and over cleaning caused more issues and couldn’t be effectively tracked.

Provided the weapons are stored properly (not in milk cartons in a filing cabinet) the assembly and disassembly should not be a major issue for wear.

Due to the nature of the Sig striker mechanism however, dry training will need to be monitored and wear tracked beyond just a round count.

Well, 2 years later, I can say that I like the opinions here, but from these year's choices, I will choose the Girsan MC 14T.

Girsan MC 14T has a distinct feature we rarely see in handguns: a “tip-up” loading barrel. While others have used this style before, the MC 14T is currently the only tip-up .380 on the market.

To load the MC 14T, you activate the release level on the right side, which causes the barrel to tip up, and then you can insert a round. Once loaded, you insert the magazine, giving you the plus-one capacity. The pistol can be cleared by dropping the magazine, tipping up the barrel, and removing the round. With fewer moving parts, it can be easier to manipulate for some.

Well, 2 years later, I can say that I like the opinions here, but from these year's choices, I will choose the Girsan MC 14T.

Girsan MC 14T has a distinct feature we rarely see in handguns: a “tip-up” loading barrel. While others have used this style before, the MC 14T is currently the only tip-up .380 on the market.

To load the MC 14T, you activate the release level on the right side, which causes the barrel to tip up, and then you can insert a round. Once loaded, you insert the magazine, giving you the plus-one capacity. The pistol can be cleared by dropping the magazine, tipping up the barrel, and removing the round. With fewer moving parts, it can be easier to manipulate for some.
You're aware that the buy had already been made, right?

I can see a significant training bill with the MC 14T, notably when it comes to stoppage clearances and one handed manipulation with gloves.

You're aware that the buy had already been made, right?

I can see a significant training bill with the MC 14T, notably when it comes to stoppage clearances and one handed manipulation with gloves.
If it is a tip up system like the Beretta .380’s you can also cycle the slide. But .380 is not a duty cartridge and most of those guns recoil worse than 9mm duty guns due to their action being basically straight blow back, and not a tilting barrel linkage.

Back