Author Topic: CF moving to Multicam?  (Read 6247 times)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Let me check my Giveashitometer. Nope, nothing.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Airborne Electronic Sensor Operators - AES OP
Re: CF moving to Multicam?
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2017, 14:07:20 »
Looks absolutely ridiculous.

Hoping you include all the C Army patches and stuff that are getting thrown on CADPAT too.  Its not just the RCAF...but, I wish we weren't following suit.

I will hold onto my non Velcro sleeve CADPAT for as long as I can.  Maybe even longer!
The only time you have too much gas is when you're on fire.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2017, 16:06:46 »
Looks absolutely ridiculous.

This whole fascination with velcro (whoops, I mean hook and loop) is mind boggling. Buttons are much more quiet and they rarely open up when you brush against something, velcro on the other hand...

Tsk.. you should know that all it takes is some Special Forces training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSK3maq8Cyk
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline GK .Dundas

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2017, 19:21:39 »
Tsk.. you should know that all it takes is some Special Forces training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSK3maq8Cyk
Don't knock it it actually does work. I mean did you hear the Velcro  , I  didn't .
"Norman. You know my policy on arming morons.If you arm one you have arm them all. Otherwise it 's just not sporting!"

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2017, 19:44:14 »
Looks like it must be official...https://www.facebook.com/ALCOMANR/posts/1456958294324788

So one can have full-colour (no "at least 50% green" or similar restrictions) patches on CADPAT, but not on flight suits. 

Also, CWO Scarcella (on the right) must be making some sort of quiet revolt statement by continuing to wear the old-style faded CADPAT  >:D
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2017, 20:38:03 »
So one can have full-colour (no "at least 50% green" or similar restrictions) patches on CADPAT, but not on flight suits. 

Also, CWO Scarcella (on the right) must be making some sort of quiet revolt statement by continuing to wear the old-style faded CADPAT  >:D

Isn't the 1 CAD motto *"Fac, ut ego dico, non ut faciam tibi"?

Maybe "they didn't have any of his size"...that's what I get told when I need to exchange my operational dress the last few months.   >:D

*according to Google translate, that is Latin for "do as I say, not as I do"   ^-^

Online Flavus101

• Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2017, 02:10:28 »
Hoping you include all the C Army patches and stuff that are getting thrown on CADPAT too.  Its not just the RCAF...but, I wish we weren't following suit.

I will hold onto my non Velcro sleeve CADPAT for as long as I can.  Maybe even longer!

Absolutely I include those as well.

Same here, I like the old style pants better too...

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2017, 22:27:13 »
So its an army and RCAF thing. I think it's wrong and I hate seeing the Navy being sucked down into this slovenly attitude, but if people are making it up as they go along, I guess our next parade we'll do white gaiters for the sailors and black leather gaiters and brown gloves for the officers.

To quote my parents, "Would you jump off a bridge because everyone else is doing it?"

They've jumped off of the bridge in North Korea, too - even adding helmets with flipped-up NVGs to massed goose-steppers in Kim Fat-Boy's parade yesterday.

Offline FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2017, 22:51:35 »
They've jumped off of the bridge in North Korea, too - even adding helmets with flipped-up NVGs to massed goose-steppers in Kim Fat-Boy's parade yesterday.

So you want to emulate North Korea? Have at er. I guess.

Offline Loachman

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2017, 10:08:15 »
Where, dear boy, did I profess any emulative desire?

I was merely providing an indicator of a possible global military fashion tsunami.

But it would amuse me greatly to see fighter pilots parade like those* at 3:17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKgf6_Mn7V4. Ours could add oxygen masks and G-suits as proof of their superiority.

* And no, I've not fallen for the propaganda. None of those guys have ever touched an aeroplane.

Offline FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2017, 10:59:05 »
Where, dear boy, did I profess any emulative desire?

I was merely providing an indicator of a possible global military fashion tsunami.

But it would amuse me greatly to see fighter pilots parade like those* at 3:17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKgf6_Mn7V4. Ours could add oxygen masks and G-suits as proof of their superiority.

* And no, I've not fallen for the propaganda. None of those guys have ever touched an aeroplane.

Or a ship, or a tank that has seen a dirt road!
Well one thing I have to give the Chinese is that their NCO's will never to have worry about sizing their platoons!

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2017, 11:06:50 »
I am personally thoroughly impressed...that they could muster up THAT many pairs of white gloves at once!!  I bet they all have keepers too!!

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017, 11:27:18 »
Say what you will, their drill and precision on parade is a thing of beauty to behold.  I never get tired of watching these videos as I can appreciate the amount of effort, dedication and time it took to be perfect like that.  Besides, the hotties in the pink uniforms and white go-go boots are especially compelling to my eyes. 

Offline Loachman

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2017, 11:34:25 »
Sizing, and assessment for other physical attributes, was most likely done at the point of conscription where these people were streamed into a purely parade function. That level of drill excellence is only achievable if it is a specialty.

Offline SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2017, 11:48:40 »
Say what you will, their drill and precision on parade is a thing of beauty to behold.  I never get tired of watching these videos as I can appreciate the amount of effort, dedication and time it took to be perfect like that.  Besides, the hotties in the pink uniforms and white go-go boots are especially compelling to my eyes.

I personnally see perfection (in anything other than very few scenarios) as a waste of time, especially something as cosmetic as drill (don't need to be perfect to understand the whole reacting to orders and all)

Aiming for perfection during training?  Certainly.  Demanding a perfect result?  You'll spend 80% of your time chasing the last 20% of the results.  Waste of time that you could spend broadening your knowledge and skills.

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2017, 11:50:17 »
No rain on their parade. Those who screw up drill in NK are shot. Big incentive.  ;D

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:52:51 by Rifleman62 »
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Editor, The Devils' Blast, the Annual Chronicle of The Royal Winnipeg Rifles

http://www.royalwinnipegrifles.com/regimental-association/the-devils-blast/

Offline ArmyVern

in Ottawa.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2017, 12:09:46 »
It seems to be a losing battle Pusser. Did you see the pictures of the CDS at MARPAC and the honour guard in NCD's and CADPAT?

Why do we have orders and directives when this crap goes on?

I also saw pictures from yesterday of the same outfit in Calgary.

I'm Army.  The only thing good that I see about this pic is my son. It'd be even better if my son was not in cadpat with the flags out.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2017, 12:23:23 »
I personnally see perfection (in anything other than very few scenarios) as a waste of time, especially something as cosmetic as drill (don't need to be perfect to understand the whole reacting to orders and all)

Aiming for perfection during training?  Certainly.  Demanding a perfect result?  You'll spend 80% of your time chasing the last 20% of the results.  Waste of time that you could spend broadening your knowledge and skills.

This is a propaganda pageant, a tool, put on for the world to see and admire.  This has an important purpose to China and I agree with Loachman, this is probably all these people do for the State while they're in uniform.  They have plenty of people and can afford to have just show performers on the payroll.

Could they be doing something better with their lives?  Maybe... but the same could be said for all those professional athletes.  They're at the top of their tier, doing what they do to the best of their ability.  Could they have put those years of training and dedication into something more beneficial to society?  Again, maybe...  doesn't stop all the sports fans from ohhhing and ahhing while watching them to their thing.

Maybe those Chinese kids spend 80% of their time in uniform chasing that 20%.  They seem, to my eyes, to have caught it nevertheless.  Sure, you're right, good enough is usually good enough.  I can still stand back and watch someone do something much better than I could ever hope to achieve and admire their work.  (sure as frig, they look better than what's on display in the photo of our colour party, et al)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:26:44 by jollyjacktar »