Author Topic: Payroll Deductions  (Read 25382 times)

Offline acclenticularis

• Rate Post
Re: Payroll Deductions
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 15:03:41 »
Ahh CSBs.  I am embarrassed to admit it, but, I too took out a couple in my younger years in the CF.  And I did cash them in as soon as they matured (1 year later).   :blotto:

I hear there are some new diamond projects in Africa that need investment capital.  >:D

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 15:08:52 »
I hear there are some new diamond projects in Africa that need investment capital.  >:D

The Nigerian Prince trying to relaim his fortune is paying a better rate
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Offline exsemjingo

• Rate Post
  • Waitin' at the end of time for you...
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 00:06:07 »
D'oh, I missed that.

Sure enough, Separation expense, 11.50 per day, for 345.00 a month, hence 2088.39 a month take home pay.

Now I feel really silly.

Don't feel silly.
I've searched though whole libraries to write one or two paragraphs in my university essays, but I still find official DND wesites difficult to navigate.
I am married with children, so $345 is the difference between being able to accept an offer (when it comes) and having to turn it down,
Thanks for the info!
I do have a question though.  During training, would I still receive the other governmental subsidies that I receive now?
"Syria should (have) stop(ed) this crap" 

"Not all of us conservatives are Jonny Hate-Mongers, Charlie Bible-Thumps, or, God forbid, George Bushes."
-Sideshow Bob

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 08:24:33 »
During training, would I still receive the other governmental subsidies that I receive now?

What governmental subsidies?  If you are referring to what I think you are referring to then since you will be employed your entitlement to any "governmental subsidies" disappears.

HH
- Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.
- Just when you realize life's a *****, it has puppies.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 08:40:39 »
I do have a question though.  During training, would I still receive the other governmental subsidies that I receive now?

I do believe that Revenue Canada would consider that a case of "Fraud". 
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Springroll

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 08:49:43 »
Unless he is referring to child tax benefit, universal childcare benefit and even GST credit.
If he considers those as subsidies(he was not specific so we can all only speculate) then yes, he would continue to collect those until June 2007. They are based on his 2005 tax return. Once he files his 2006 return, then things could change as far as qualifying for GST credit and the amounts he gets from the other two benefits.

"Take every day with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a Margarita"

Offline exsemjingo

• Rate Post
  • Waitin' at the end of time for you...
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 02:49:26 »
I am referring to Child tax benefit, GST rebates, and the new Child-Care allowance (?) ($100/child/mo, $1200/child/year).
While I am at it, what about the line on the Income Tax form for military and police personnel?
How much is the Tax Credit?
Does it apply when wages are paid, or only at the end of the year?
"Syria should (have) stop(ed) this crap" 

"Not all of us conservatives are Jonny Hate-Mongers, Charlie Bible-Thumps, or, God forbid, George Bushes."
-Sideshow Bob

Offline Springroll

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 06:56:43 »
I am referring to Child tax benefit, GST rebates, and the new Child-Care allowance (?) ($100/child/mo, $1200/child/year).
While I am at it, what about the line on the Income Tax form for military and police personnel?

Not sure about your tax form question. I don't work for them, i just buy the tax program and fill it in where they say too...lol

You will not lose Child Tax Benefit(CTB), Universal Child Care Benefit(UCCB) or your GST. Come July, you may lose your GST since it is dependant on how much you made the previous year. CTB amount would be worked out and you may get less and the UCCB will not be adjusted until your children turn 7.

Hope this helps.
"Take every day with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a Margarita"

Offline Lara80a

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 07:09:13 »
OK.....Another question...hope someone can help .  A single mother gets the same amount as the single rates? $1300 (take home)
And we have to pay to be at BMQ? I am soon to get sworn in....I would appreciate any answer.  I asked my recruiting center and all they sent was  information with too many abbreviations for explanations.  It was like my grade 8 greek language class.

Offline Springroll

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 07:20:09 »
As a single mother, you have a dependant(or dependants) so you "should" not have to pay for rations and quarters.
Best bet is to call up the CFRC and be very specific when asking them if you pay rations and quarters.

Ask it like this:
"Do single parents pay rations and quarters when at BMQ?"

Offline Quag

• Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 07:40:05 »
Just a quick note even though it does not pertain to those going through BMQ. 

Officer Cadets (those doing IAP, BOTP) pay no rations since they are attach posted.  The accomodations works out to roughly $90 a month at St.Jean.

Hope this helps out some new officer cadets, that might be looking at this thread.

Offline militarygirl

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 12:45:26 »
If you are a single parent and you have custody of the child(ren) then you do not pay rations and quarters.  You have to make sure that there is a copy of their birth certificates on your file.  It should also state on your message that you are single with dependants.  If it not picked up that there are dependants then you may have to bring it to someone's attention in the orderly room and have it corrected, and if you have paid R & Q then you will be reimbursed these expenses.

As for the separation expense...

If you are posted or going on course and you are a single parent you can receive the separation expense if 1) you have custody of the child(ren), and 2) if they are staying at your original place of residence ie. you are not bringing them with you to course and having them stay with family or friends.

Remember that all of this is just "probable" and that each case is unique and it is very difficult to cover all senarios.  Your recruiting centre is the best place to enquire as they know your situation and don't be afraid to ask for clarification on some of the acronyms that are used.  There are so many now in place that you can actually carry on a conversation and the only full words you use will be "the", "and", "is" to name a few.  Talk about death by acronym.   :brickwall:
"Attitudes are contageous...is yours worth catching?"

Offline Meridian

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 15:55:32 »

Just a quick note even though it does not pertain to those going through BMQ. 

Officer Cadets (those doing IAP, BOTP) pay no rations since they are attach posted.  The accomodations works out to roughly $90 a month at St.Jean.

Hope this helps out some new officer cadets, that might be looking at this thread.

Hi Quag, if I remember this correctly, this does not apply to ALL OCdts.. only ROTP Seniors going to Civ U. (and maybe RMC). 

When I did the prep-year-> st jean leap, the deductions remained the same (though we did get the 1 year increase).

Offline Quag

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 16:50:28 »
The way I understood it, as of this year (2006) ALL Ocdt.'s, receive free rations, and if they have a lease (CIVI U), then they pay no quarters.

Can anybody else help clear that up?

Offline Freddy G

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 17:14:07 »
The way I understood it, as of this year (2006) ALL Ocdt.'s, receive free rations, and if they have a lease (CIVI U), then they pay no quarters.

I'm not sure what the breakdown is like, but during BOTP I didn't pay for at least one of those (I assume rations). From what I understand, you pay for those during IAP because you "belong" to St Jean, but once you pass IAP you belong to your unit (RMC or whatever) and when you go back for BOTP you're attach-posted, hence not paying.
My posts are my opinion alone and do not reflect any other person or group's opinion... because you can't handle the truth, and deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to say these things.

Offline Quag

• Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2006, 17:28:29 »
Seen.

Makes sense now.  I was attached posted for one year before doing IAP.  So that explains why I thought everyone was entitled.

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 20:11:53 »

Line 244 – Canadian Forces personnel and police deduction
For certain members of the Canadian Forces and Canadian police services, an amount will be shown in box 43 of your T4 slip only if you were deployed outside Canada on a high-risk or current moderate-risk operational mission.

For more information, contact your employer.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/individuals/topics/income-tax/return/completing/deductions/lines237-247/244-e.html

Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline ZxExN

• Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2006, 10:32:21 »

Can anyone confirm that this infact is true? During IAP/BOTP in April, I paid for my rations which was $397 for every single month I was there.
My entry plan was DEO.

Offline Quag

• Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2006, 10:35:51 »
DEO was not entitled to the same benefits ROTP got.  We were told that.

Offline Meridian

• Rate Post
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2006, 17:10:36 »
Right, I can't see DEO/CEOTP being applicable to the ROTP benefits. Unfortunately.   But nothing in life is really free.

Offline Ace200

• Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2017, 12:07:28 »
Hi

Just to revive the thread. What is the pay scale for training during bmq after rations for ncm that are married or single?

Offline kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2017, 12:42:29 »
Have you searched for your answers before posting? After 26 years, more often than not, someone else has already it's already been asked and answered.

A quick search on Goggle "site:navy.ca pay bmq married" provided:

http://navy.ca/forums/index.php?topic=111011.0

http://navy.ca/forums/index.php?topic=108923.25

http://navy.ca/forums/index.php?topic=38814.0

http://navy.ca/forums/index.php?topic=101006.0
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline Ace200

• Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2017, 14:07:28 »
Hi

Yes I read all those threads. they are 4-5 year old information. wanted to know if their was any updated information regarding question I asked. if it is still same, then ok. Just thought I'd ask since the information in forces.ca reports 2013.

Offline kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2017, 14:22:05 »
Policy in the military changes slowly, information that is a few years old does not automatically make the answers invalid.

CBI 204.30 is the current RegF NCM pay scale
(as mentioned in the suggested threads).

Net pay, after deductions is too variable for an accurate answer for each person asking the question. Though some estimates were discussed in the suggested threads. Those estimates remain a valid base point to start from, despite being a bit old.

This is an unofficial website. Your best source of information for specific, personal answers is your recruiting centre.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline Ace200

• Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2017, 10:00:21 »
Thank you for the information.