• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada doesn’t matter to the rest of the world - and it’s our own fault

Impractical on a number of levels.

1) You already have issues with your budget.
2) That would require see a large percentage of the workforce to stay at home
3) Housing is already tough for a lot of dual
Income families
4) Your tax base just got skewed.

Unworkable.
That’s it Boland, next time you cross we’re deporting you to the Ungava peninsula. Have fun eating seal meat.

I'm cool if everyone keeps moving to the City and stays away from rural Canada. Means more for me 😎

Everyone can keep squabbling over the price of a shoebox in the 'Big Smoke' or they can move out to the lands of opportunity 😎

Dude I’m part native. For a good chunk of me, you’re all my problem. :)
Land Back! Idle No More!
Old poster from an Italian far-right-of-centre nationalist party (still exists, just under a slightly different name): "They suffered from immigration. Now they live on reserves. Think about it."
LoroHannoSubito.jpg
Brought to you by the same party info-machine as this one -- polenta's a traditional northern Italian dish, when the League was about separating the north from the "lazier" south. Bottom line: "Proud of our traditions" ...
SiPolentaNoCouscous.jpg

I'm cool if everyone keeps moving to the City and stays away from rural Canada. Means more for me 😎

Everyone can keep squabbling over the price of a shoebox in the 'Big Smoke' or they can move out to the lands of opportunity 😎
I'm a rural kinda guy too.

I grew up in Calgary thinking it was just the greatest place ever, but moved to a rural property near the end of my post secondary...lived that way for a decade +

It's so nice to be able to turn off the rest of the world and just be left alone. Even now I'm about 20 mins outside of town, just outside of the 'little hamlet' of Sherwood Park 😅

Maybe people go where the money is?

My father, and his father, were CNR locomotive engineers up North when they hired on.

When they got enough TI / seniority, they ran passenger rail out of Union Station. Because that's where the money was.

Likewise, that's why my daughter flies international main line out of Pearson.

Emergency services in Metro had a Residency Requirement, because of so many applicants from "rural Canada". Until it was ruled discriminatory.

When the call volume finally gets to them, they "do a lateral" to rural Ontario.

On the other hand, my sister has a horse ranch out West looks - to me, at least - the size of the Ponderosa. Because that's where the CAF sent her.

Retirement to a more affordable home in rural Canada is a consideration.

But, so too, is the property tax rate, and more importantly, rapid access to high-level medical care.

Kandahar Saskatchewan is listening
One begs the question...how in the heck did a place located there end up with a name like that?

(Standby on edit - this seems worthy of a quick Google search)

One begs the question...how in the heck did a place located there end up with a name like that?

(Standby on edit - this seems worthy of a quick Google search)
Because of all the Icelanders that moved there and founded it.

Makes no sense with that explanation either but it sure is interesting lol.

Like why a small town outside of Ottawa is named after a Mexican general who fought against the Texans in the 1800s. Almonte ON.

Because of all the Icelanders that moved there and founded it.

Makes no sense with that explanation either but it sure is interesting lol.

If it was named in the 1800s, assume it had something to do with the British - there is a reason why virtually every town in Ontario has streets named Wellington, Nelson, Trafalgar, Waterloo, etc.

The British did fight some battles in Afghanistan in the 1800s so it might have had something to do with that.

If it was named in the 1800s, assume it had something to do with the British - there is a reason why virtually every town in Ontario has streets named Wellington, Nelson, Trafalgar, Waterloo, etc.

The British did fight some battles in Afghanistan in the 1800s so it might have had something to do with that.
there should be a mountain pass in BC named the Khyber Pass......

Back