• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

The 47-years-old suspect has been charged with:

• Assault police officer with the intent to prevent an arrest
  • Obstruct a peace officer in the execution of their duty
  • Assault with a weapon x2
  • Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public
  • Harassment by threatening conduct; hate motivated x2
  • Intimidation by disorderly following

HATE CRIMES is the takeaway??

However much I think I hate journalists, every day I am reminded I do not hate them enough.

She was arrested for harassment and a litany of other charges, the first one just happened to have a particular motive.

The 47-years-old suspect has been charged with:

• Assault police officer with the intent to prevent an arrest
  • Obstruct a peace officer in the execution of their duty
  • Assault with a weapon x2
  • Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public
  • Harassment by threatening conduct; hate motivated x2
  • Intimidation by disorderly following

HATE CRIMES is the takeaway??

However much I think I hate journalists, every day I am reminded I do not hate them enough.

She was arrested for harassment and a litany of other charges, the first one just happened to have a particular motive.
I read somewhere that the headlines themselves aren’t created by the journalists.

It's too bad violent protesters never seem to assault those cops with a history of violence.

It's too bad violent protesters never seem to assault those cops with a history of violence.

I think it's too bad that we have ham strung our police from being the head breakers they need to be at times.

If I was a cop I would be terrified to do anything that required violence or physical restraint. Right one wrong some wing nut with cell phone has a good chance at ruining your career and livelihood.

I think it's too bad that we have ham strung our police from being the head breakers they need to be at times.

If I was a cop I would be terrified to do anything that required violence or physical restraint. Right one wrong some wing nut with cell phone has a good chance at ruining your career and livelihood.
You sound like you want marauding thugs to beat up people you don't like, not police.

If I was a cop I would be terrified to do anything that required violence or physical restraint.

pride parade world GIF

Not at all. But it's a tool they need to have.
Thanks but no, we absolutely don’t need a tool to ‘beat up’ people. We use force, when we must, because it’s necessary to effect arrest or stop some sort of threat or danger, when we use force it has to be reasonable and necessary. Society doesn’t want or need us as ‘head breakers’, not even in a public order context. We aren’t expected or allowed to use violence merely for our own unilateral corrective purpose. That’s the point of having a larger system that we’re just one cog in.

Thanks but no, we absolutely don’t need a tool to ‘beat up’ people. We use force, when we must, because it’s necessary to effect arrest or stop some sort of threat or danger, when we use force it has to be reasonable and necessary. Society doesn’t want or need us as ‘head breakers’, not even in a public order context. We aren’t expected or allowed to use violence merely for our own unilateral corrective purpose. That’s the point of having a larger system that we’re just one cog in.

I understand your role is not to close with and destroy the enemy, but if what you post is how you feel, then at what point do police need to act in a violent manner to maintain public order ?

Violence isn't a bad word. And I feel one of the big mistakes we have made is teaching our children that violence is never the answer. It most certainly is the answer, given the right circumstances. Not the first solution, but definitely the end solution. I would posit that if people, perhaps, feared being punched in the face a little more they may behave better.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying, it should not be your go to method for everything policing. I simply think a certain sector of the public (miscreants, criminals) is feeling emboldened and I think the scales need to be evened a little.

You're definitely the SME, and I've seen enough body cam footage on YouTube to realize I don't want your job. Just the observations of a guy who likes discipline and order.

But the old hickory shampoo was a solid corrective action ;)

I understand your role is not to close with and destroy the enemy, but if what you post is how you feel, then at what point do police need to act in a violent manner to maintain public order ?

A bunch of unarmed students getting into shoving matches with the cops hardly calls for skull cracking, if that's what you're suggesting.

As the situation warrants, and following the escalation of force principles the police can, and do, kick some serious ass...

1714339509226.png

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the headlines themselves aren’t created by the journalists.
True. And the headlines are often the most despicable part of any given article.

I suppose when I say "hate journalists", I don't mean actual individuals, but rather, the organizations that employ them.

But we can and do, if necessary and reasonable. We’ll use force - violence - to physically push a crowd; we’ll use force to pull individuals out of the crowd through our line and arrest them. What we won’t do is just go milling into a crowd thumping indiscriminately and in a way we can’t possibly reasonably account for.

Violence isn't a bad word. And I feel one of the big mistakes we have made is teaching our children that violence is never the answer. It most certainly is the answer, given the right circumstances. Not the first solution, but definitely the end solution. I would posit that if people, perhaps, feared being punched in the face a little more they may behave better.

We already can punch people in the face if necessary and reasonable. It just rarely is. Most of what you’re saying here isn’t particularly relevant to policing.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying, it should not be your go to method for everything policing. I simply think a certain sector of the public (miscreants, criminals) is feeling emboldened and I think the scales need to be evened a little.

Yes, there are some things where police powers have been curtailed quite tightly that in some cases can constrain our ability to act effectively. In most cases that can be concretely linked to other situations where something has gone horribly wrong. Vehicle pursuits are a great example.

You're definitely the SME, and I've seen enough body cam footage on YouTube to realize I don't want your job. Just the observations of a guy who likes discipline and order.

Not a SME, just a dude who’s done the job for a few years, some on the streets and some behind a desk, I do have a body of experience in use of force training and public order, but I’m not a real SME on that who’d speak to in court or in an inquiry. This is just my individual perspectives.

But we can and do, if necessary and reasonable. We’ll use force - violence - to physically push a crowd; we’ll use force to pull individuals out of the crowd through our line and arrest them. What we won’t do is just go milling into a crowd thumping indiscriminately and in a way we can’t possibly reasonably account for.

We already can punch people in the face if necessary and reasonable. It just rarely is. Most of what you’re saying here isn’t particularly relevant to policing.

Yes, there are some things where police powers have been curtailed quite tightly that in some cases can constrain our ability to act effectively. In most cases that can be concretely linked to other situations where something has gone horribly wrong. Vehicle pursuits are a great example.

Not a SME, just a dude who’s done the job for a few years, some on the streets and some behind a desk, I do have a body of experience in use of force training and public order, but I’m not a real SME on that who’d speak to in court or in an inquiry. This is just my individual perspectives.

Thanks man. I appreciate your insights. Be safe on the streets.

Back