• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iran Super Thread- Merged

and I would not be surprised to see Arab nations once again band together to fight who they see as the "Bully" in the region.

Who are these Arab nations who would band together to fight a nuclear armed Israel in defence of Iran and Gaza? I think that entire region is sick of their shenanigans and would rather see Israel be less on the offensive if the Palestinians and Iran were no longer a threat.

Getting baited into a regional conflict is my definition of making it worse. While I have every confidence in the Iron Dome over Israel, is it not just a little suspicious that, what was it, less than 1% of the missiles/drones launched actually landed, and those that did caused very little damage?

The Iranian government is playing the long game I think. They got Israel to make attacks in Syria. Next is likely Lebanon. Maybe direct attacks into Iran. The détente that had been growing between Israel and the Arab world is being chipped away, and I would not be surprised to see Arab nations once again band together to fight who they see as the "Bully" in the region.

And what happens then? Do any Western nations come to the rescue in direct support? Or do governments say, we warned you not to escalate, you are on your own?

Jordan is probably the best example of moderate Arab/Sunni state - Even as it has been tolerating Palestinian demonstrations in its streets, arguing for Israel to back off in Gaza and supplying air-drops of food and medicines it also saw fit to counter the Iranian attack on Israel.

I don't think many of the Arab communities would ululate overly long at the loss of an Ayatollah or two.

The Iranian government is playing the long game I think.
Really? Some assess that Iran has diminishing gravitas, thus why it reached out the first time directly to attack Israel, and not through a proxy like Hamas or Hezbollah.

It seems that Iran may be hankering for a reach out by Israel perhaps to their Fordow enrichment plant which according to the latest IAEA Report, is enriching uranium significantly beyond levels required for civilian power production.

Really? Some assess that Iran has diminishing gravitas, thus why it reached out the first time directly to attack Israel, and not through a proxy like Hamas or Hezbollah.

It seems that Iran may be hankering for a reach out by Israel perhaps to their Fordow enrichment plant which according to the latest IAEA Report, is enriching uranium significantly beyond levels required for civilian power production.
They are trying to add to the destabilizing in the middle east. Thinking no one has the will or ability to respond.

Maybe direct attacks into Iran. The détente that had been growing between Israel and the Arab world is being chipped away
Iran is the Persian world. Also the Shi'ite world. Normalization between Israel and the Arab/Sunni world has been slow - the work of decades - but progressive. Attacks against Iran, and Iranian proxies in neighbouring Arab countries, aren't likely to overturn much of that.

First 24 hour rule is in effect. Assume everything is bullshit unless independently and multiply corroborated. Remember that you’ll see 40 Twitter accounts breathlessly quoting “reports of…”, but they’ll all be plagiarizing the first report to hit, probably from a relatively unknown quantity. Large-follower accounts like @sentdefender will amplify but will not corroborate.

Some sort of explosions at Isfahan seems to have a few separate reports and potentially video now. Nothing much else we can call firm yet.

If Israel has struck at Iranian nuclear sites, we can expect a busy weekend…

Aside from missiles, what capabilities does Iran have to actually hit Israel?

Aside from missiles, what capabilities does Iran have to actually hit Israel?
Drones, cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, and proxies oh lots of the first two.

Interesting Twitter source: Iranian focused reporter working out of Spain. Twitter has a useful built in translation tool. He’s reporting potential hits near nuclear sites and seems to be ahead of English language media with specifics. Some of the big OSINT aggregators seem to be grabbing info from him.

Whatever Israel ended up using, be it fighters, drones, cruise missiles, last night just showed how ineffective Iranian air defense systems are. The next attack might not be so tame and Iranian leaders are probably shitting their pants right now.

Reactions: QV
Israel had to do something after the Iranian attack.

So they showed that they could indeed attack Iran’s airfields and nuclear sites, but did so in a very minor way to keep allies on board.

So in way a way the Iran-Israel attacks where escalations, but also the same tit for that has been done with proxies before.

Back