• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

King Charles III

I'd expect the King gets to choose, even if tradition has been to alternate, much like choosing which crown to use.
I have not compared to my current medals- is he facing the same way as the Queen did?

I thought sovereigns faced alternating directions?
The rule technically is supposed to see the Sovereign face the opposite of the previous monarch.

The reality is that it has been so frequently ignored by the incoming monarch (King Edward VII being a notable one).....
Pirates Of The Caribbean Code GIF by Brian Benns

I thought sovereigns faced alternating directions?
As with the money, the image of the monarch is supposed to alternate on medals. Queen Elizabeth faced left, King Charles should be facing right, as he is on Canadian coinage and the British version of the medal.

As with the money, the image of the monarch is supposed to alternate on medals. Queen Elizabeth faced left, King Charles should be facing right, as he is on Canadian coinage and the British version of the medal.

So one direction on the medal, a different direction on coins?

Are you saying that HRH goes both ways?

Why do we spend time on this ? Why does it matter ?
Because it is a wholly Canadian attitude to think we can have one foot in and one foot out when it comes to the monarchy; and it means we do it piss poorly as a result.

With the needless "Canadianized" fuckery around the Royal Cipher, "Maple Crown", currency, badging in the CAF, and now the King's Coronation Medal; we look amateur hour on things the Brits have had well in hand for almost 2 years since Her Late Majesty passed.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing properly. If we are still maintaining ties to the monarchy, and that seems to be the plan in the long run, don't fuck it off.

Because it is a wholly Canadian attitude to think we can have one foot in and one foot out when it comes to the monarchy; and it means we do it piss poorly as a result.

With the needless "Canadianized" fuckery around the Royal Cipher, "Maple Crown", currency, badging in the CAF, and now the King's Coronation Medal; we look amateur hour on things the Brits have had well in hand for almost 2 years since Her Late Majesty passed.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing properly. If we are still maintaining ties to the monarchy, and that seems to be the plan in the long run, don't fuck it off.
To your point, I give you the Canadian proclamation ceremony
vs the Australian

The Australians have a much more robust debate about the monarchy than we have ever had but still managed to treat the event with appropriate decorum and seriousness. At least that's my view.

I dont know, the way a face faces on a medal or 20$ bill means absolutely nothing in the small or grand scheme of things...

But if this is what we need to churn on, so be it.

We literally could have just gone with the British design and probably saved a ton of time and money. In fact we probably could have had them produce significantly more than 30,000 for us for the same cost.

Back