• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Long service chevrons

Gunplumber

Reaction score
Just curious if there has been any rumours if they are thinking about bringing back long service chevrons?

Gunplumber said:
Just curious if there has been any rumours if they are thinking about bringing back long service chevrons?

You heard it here first.    ;D

Can we just stop tinkering with bling and worry about real problems, challenges and needs?

MCG said:
Can we just stop tinkering with bling and worry about real problems, challenges and needs?

No ... there are too many senior officers in too many HQs with too little useful, productive work to do.

il_570xN.69525488.jpg

If you want less silliness you have to have enough slightly too much useful work to occupy the time, minds and hands of the smart, drive, Type A officers we have. When, as now, we have too many of them, relative to the useful work available, then we get cheap, plastic 1812 pins and new/old badges.

MCG said:

Exactly.  Like WW1 pins, the reintroduction of the Puttee (Cadpat though) to commemorate WW1, Battle Honours for the Punic Wars (I think the RNFLD regiment qualifies) and a return to musket drill (PAM update eta is April 2016).

We also need air marshals.

Who would wear them: everyone is a Cpl soon enough and you don't wear them up and down. In the Battledress days, after two years we wore a very small chevron, but I don't think it was in the Dress Regs, just a carry over from somewhere. More of a years service chevron than a LSC.

After you receive the CD, the LSC come off.

Gunplumber said:

I do believe that the "Buttons and Bows Brigade" actually considered such a thing back in the early/mid 90's.  However, it was nixed as the CD already recognizes "long service".

Crantor said:
We also need air marshals.

Don't we already have air marshals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_marshal#Canada) or am I missing the joke?

Back