• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Reserve Restructuring

This thread is the stability I need more of in my life.

:)

Sad Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

There are two runways. One has buildings and other stuff on it, the other doesn't.

Google Earth tells me the longer one still has 9,000 open feet of runway with Buildings at the North west end so a Herc could have some fun.

I'm sorry, did you just say 'Airborne Brigade'? ;)

c130 paratroopers GIF

But CT is impossible so... ;)

View attachment 84974
You'd be stupid not to be the class B reservist if you wanted to be a full time soldier without the bullshit. You get to be a full time soldier at the regiment of your choosing, in the position of your choosing, in the city and province of your choosing that will have infinitely more amenities and personal support structures for your family and yourself than CFB Shitsticks in rural Newfoundland and at the cost of getting tasked to the associated corps school for a couple months a year (or not at all) and 4.whatever less pay.

No brainer for the guys looking to game the system if that's what you want, to soldier full time. Perhaps the RegF needs to be made less of a shit-go if they want to avoid situations like this, as FJAG suggested.

You'd be stupid not to be the class B reservist if you wanted to be a full time soldier without the bullshit. You get to be a full time soldier at the regiment of your choosing, in the position of your choosing, in the city and province of your choosing that will have infinitely more amenities and personal support structures for your family and yourself than CFB Shitsticks in rural Newfoundland and at the cost of getting tasked to the associated corps school for a couple months a year (or not at all) and 4.whatever less pay.

No brainer for the guys looking to game the system if that's what you want, to soldier full time. Perhaps the RegF needs to be made less of a shit-go if they want to avoid situations like this, as FJAG suggested.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Currently I'm a "true reservist" working my class a days and weekends along with a couple LWOPs a summer for some unit and brigade training but I was a Class B commando for a while, it was fucking dope. Between a great workplace culture and fun work, I loved being a Class B Army guy. I fault no one for going that route and probably still would be if I didn't have a civvy opportunity to make a shit ton more cash.

Gaming the system? Or negotiating the better contract?
Tomato tomato. There was a 50/50 split of opinion on it with the Regs I would work with. Some were on one side of your question, some on others. All I know is more and more Regs seem to be catching on, CTing to the MO in their home towns and working Class B jobs. Their lives seem to improve drastically.

Tomato tomato. There was a 50/50 split of opinion on it with the Regs I would work with. Some were on one side of your question, some on others. All I know is more and more Regs seem to be catching on, CTing to the MO in their home towns and working Class B jobs. Their lives seem to improve drastically.
It's also a lot faster. I've seen the CT process take up to two years for some people. A lot of times they will have moved on with their lives and not be interested when the offer finally comes. I remember one individual some years ago being told that the RCR only accepted 20 reserve CT's a year. I'm not sure if he was being lied to or not.

As with most transfers in the Forces, it's often faster to VR and than re-apply. I've even seen that happen between reserve regiments (although that was more the C-of-C saying that they won't approve a transfer, so if you want to go, release and re-apply).

Google Earth tells me the longer one still has 9,000 open feet of runway with Buildings at the North west end so a Herc could have some fun.
I recall watching a Herc at an airshow basically screeching to halt in a very short distance, then turning and taking off in a short distance. It sure weren't 9000 feet.

Anyone know what the minimums are?

I recall watching a Herc at an airshow basically screeching to halt in a very short distance, then turning and taking off in a short distance. It sure weren't 9000 feet.

Having been 'meat cargo' on the STOL circuit, as I recall, it was something like

"One thousand, two thousand, three thousand, four thousand, five thousand... huuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh....."

Down ramp, goooooooo ;)

Depends what the load is, max cargo weight will probably be very different than empty.
That was a consideration when they did the trials last year in Edmonton with the Twin Otter and Herc.

If you want, you can do it in less than 2500 feet according to Lockheed: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/cont...in/aero/documents/C-130J/C130JPocketGuide.pdf

But if you are crazy enough, you can do even better: Throwback: When The US Navy Landed A Lockheed C-130 Hercules On An Aircraft Carrier.

Back