• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ at CFB Montreal?

pb101

Reaction score
Is it possible to do your BMQ at CFB Longue Pointe? If not how hard is it to get a position there afterwards, and or would I have any say on where I go? I’m an MMA coach with a lot of students that I still want to train so I was wondering if it’s possible for me to still stay in Montreal.

Is it possible to do your BMQ at CFB Longue Pointe? If not how hard is it to get a position there afterwards, and or would I have any say on where I go? I’m an MMA coach with a lot of students that I still want to train so I was wondering if it’s possible for me to still stay in Montreal.
If you're going Reg Force, all BMQs are done at St-Jean.

If you're going Reservist, you might do your BMQ either part-time or full-time during summer.

The last part-time BMQs I came across were at Fusiller Mont Royal and CGG in Montreal. There was also BMQs done in St-Hyacinthe or Drummondville at the 6eR22R.

Full-time are either St-Hubert or Laval if you're in the 34th Brigade Group.

Longue-Pointe is a logistics CFB, not a training center.

If you're going Reg Force, all BMQs are done at St-Jean.

If you're going Reservist, you might do your BMQ either part-time or full-time during summer.

The last part-time BMQs I came across were at Fusiller Mont Royal and CGG in Montreal. There was also BMQs done in St-Hyacinthe or Drummondville at the 6eR22R.

Full-time are either St-Hubert or Laval if you're in the 34th Brigade Group.

Longue-Pointe is a logistics CFB, not a training center.
Thank you very much.

You’ve asked about joining the reserves, so assuming that’s the case, BMQ will likely be part time on weekends for three or four months. Then you’ll have a couple months of full time infantry course in the summer, likely in Valcartier. Once you’re trained, don’t plan on the reserves being your full time job in the fall, winter and spring, at least not for the first while. You’ll be adding the reserves to your current life, not reshaping your life radically around the reserves.

Back