• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada to Spend $5.0Bil on AEW Aircraft

So that would be 5’ish E-7 and support.

So that would be 5’ish E-7 and support.
Australia has 6, and is planning (as much as you can plan with investment plans) to replace them between now and 2035.

I think the USAF is only getting theirs around 2027.

Also, how the hell did I (and others) miss a $5B line item?

Australia has 6, and is planning (as much as you can plan with investment plans) to replace them between now and 2035.

I think the USAF is only getting theirs around 2027.

Also, how the hell did I (and others) miss a $5B line item?
It was in the (really) fine print?

This is interesting:

Question - for this type of system, what sort of 'support envelope' is needed? Is there a need for a dedicated fighter unit to 'cover' them when they are in the air? If so, could this require our initial package of 88 F-35's to be increased by another 1/2 squadron or full squadron?

for a cool 5 Billion how many are we likely to get?
Thoughts on where these would be stationed? Would they be broken into a East/West coast grouping? East coast - Greenwood and West Coast - Comox?

What are they going to be used for? When we send fighters abroad? The parts of the country where we experience ongoing intrusions by unfriendly foreigners?
Which means potentially Comox to help out the Americans over the western artic/Alaska so that they can repurpose similar assets elsewhere.

Maybe the time has come to turn Whitehorse into a permanent RCAF base.....
  • a squadron of helo's - combined SAR and Transport
  • 1/2 squadron to full squadron of new F35's
  • 3 of the potentially 6 yet to be purchase E-7's.
  • 1 to 2 Polaris or replacements

Maybe the time has come to turn Whitehorse into a permanent RCAF base.....
  • a squadron of helo's - combined SAR and Transport
  • 1/2 squadron to full squadron of new F35's
  • 3 of the potentially 6 yet to be purchase E-7's.
  • 1 to 2 Polaris or replacements
Would go a long way in currying favour with the US and adding real assets to the western arctic

Back