• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistic Officer questions

night1033

Reaction score
Happy New Year!

I already sent my application and just try to get more info on what to expect.

I know Logistic officer is a purple trade and I also know that after the basic training, I will be ask to give 3 preferred based. Could someone clarify if this means I have the opportunity to choose the element I'd like to be posted in (Army, Navy, Air force)

If not, let's say the 3 preferred based that I choose 1. Petawawa 2. Comox 3. Kingston and I got send to the Petawawa base. After all the training season, will I be return back to Petawawa or I will be randomly assign to another base?

I've heard there's a likelihood of being offered a position in the Army. If this is the case, could you provide some insights into the difficulty of the BMOQ-A? Is the training the same as to the Armoured Soldier?

I would like to gain more information on what to expect as a Army/ Navy/ Air Force Log including insights into the training process, daily tasks, and overall experiences. If you could kindly share your own experiences, I would greatly appreciate it.

Lastly, if I'm assigned as an Army Log, does this mean I won't have the opportunity to work on a Navy base or potentially transfer to the Navy Log later on?

Thank you all!

Last edited:
Logistics officers across branches share commonalities in their roles, involving supply chain management, transportation, and resource coordination. However, specific duties and experiences can vary. Training will cover aspects relevant to your chosen military element. Just don't worry, and try not to think too much about it))

Unless it has changed you will be assigned an environment (element) upon enrollment. That environment will drive your initial posting and you will generally remain there for all of your training and initial junior positions. It generally isn't until you are a Capt with a few years under your belt will you need to move. That depends on where you get posted among many other factors that i wouldn't worry about right now.

BMOQ-A can be difficult for some but it is at the end of the day a basic army officer course that teaches basic skills. The only thing you can control at this stage is your physical readiness for the course so focus on that. Fitter people generally do better standing up to the rigors.

Once you are in an environment, you generally work within that environment, less shared purple postings so the likelihood of an CA DEU'd Log O being on a RCN base is slim. It happens and vice versa but it is not common as each environment manages Log Os on its own unlike Logistics NCMs which are managed as a whole

Unless it has changed you will be assigned an environment (element) upon enrollment. That environment will drive your initial posting and you will generally remain there for all of your training and initial junior positions. It generally isn't until you are a Capt with a few years under your belt will you need to move. That depends on where you get posted among many other factors that i wouldn't worry about right now.

BMOQ-A can be difficult for some but it is at the end of the day a basic army officer course that teaches basic skills. The only thing you can control at this stage is your physical readiness for the course so focus on that. Fitter people generally do better standing up to the rigors.

Once you are in an environment, you generally work within that environment, less shared purple postings so the likelihood of an CA DEU'd Log O being on a RCN base is slim. It happens and vice versa but it is not common as each environment manages Log Os on its own unlike Logistics NCMs which are managed as a whole

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I recently came across a discussion where someone mentioned preparing for an interview as a Logistics Officer in the Airforce. I'm curious to know if, during the interview stage, candidates are given the opportunity to express their preference for a specific element ( I guess not?)

I find this aspect a bit confusing at the moment, and I'm eager to start preparing for my own interview. Any insights or advice you could share would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I recently came across a discussion where someone mentioned preparing for an interview as a Logistics Officer in the Airforce. I'm curious to know if, during the interview stage, candidates are given the opportunity to express their preference for a specific element ( I guess not?)

I find this aspect a bit confusing at the moment, and I'm eager to start preparing for my own interview. Any insights or advice you could share would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, you should be able to express your preference.
Doesn’t mean you’ll be offer that element, but they’ll try. For example, I was offer my 1st choice.

Yes, you should be able to express your preference.
Doesn’t mean you’ll be offer that element, but they’ll try. For example, I was offer my 1st choice.
Congratulation!

You think I should express during the interview season? Or after I completed the BMOQ?

Would you mind to share which element you choice?

Congratulation!

You think I should express during the interview season? Or after I completed the BMOQ?

Would you mind to share which element you choice?
They asked me while my interview. You need to tell them before you enroll. After BMOQ it will be too late.

I am an Airforce LOG.

... Could someone clarify if this means I have the opportunity to choose the element I'd like to be posted in (Army, Navy, Air force)

Opportunity? You HAVE to choose your element when you apply, not after or during the interview.

I just want to clarify here we do not take Army and RCAF Log Os to sea. Those are hard RCN uniform filled billets.

Opportunity? You HAVE to choose your element when you apply, not after or during the interview.
Thank you for the information. During my application, they didn't ask me to choose an element. That's why I am not sure when I can express my preference. In this case, I suppose I can only express it during the interview process?

They asked me while my interview. You need to tell them before you enroll. After BMOQ it will be too late.

I am an Airforce LOG.
Would you mind share what is the training after BMOQ? I assume it won't be the BMOQ-Army?

Thank you for the information. During my application, they didn't ask me to choose an element. That's why I am not sure when I can express my preference. In this case, I suppose I can only express it during the interview process?
It will be at your interview that you will have the chance to state your preference. How much that is taken into consideration is another question. Almost no one in my BMOQ got their preferred element for Log O.

Would you mind share what is the training after BMOQ? I assume it won't be the BMOQ-Army?
For Airforce, we Go directly to LOCC (Logistic officer common course) after BMOQ.

After that, it can vary depending which course is being offered first.

You have to do your specialty course. You’ll be able to tell your preference during your first weeks in BMOQ. For me, it’s finance and I’m doing it before the element course.

Then you’ll do the element related course.

if you’re army, you’ll normaly have BMOQ-A before the 3 courses.

If you’re navy, you don’t really have a choice for your specialty. You must do supply and finance.

I Hope this answer your question.

Good day everyone,
I am at very initial stage of my recruiting process for Logistics Officer position . I have submitted my application and done with 1st round of Medical wherein questionnaire was given . Now next week I have medical assessment. Can anyone please guide me what all happen at medical assessment and what happens next to this step . What’s the hiring process at Canadian armed forces .
Anyone’s guidance will be really appreciated.
Thank you

I just want to clarify here we do not take Army and RCAF Log Os to sea. Those are hard RCN uniform filled billets.
From a first hand observation, I find that the RCN log officers seem to have a bit more experience in all aspects of logistics, which makes sense as they do a bit of everything.

Still can't believe Air logs have officers that specialize in mail delivery; that was a secondary duty for the weather witch, and usually plagued by things never actually meeting us in port.

The army logs can be pretty switched on but some get too into eating crayons and forget someone has to supply crayons to eat; calendars marked up with MS paint ensure (wonder if that guy ever lived that down?).

I may be biased, but I think the Navy log path might be the more interesting one at the SLt/Lt(N) level and sets them up well within the branch to do a number of different purple jobs. YMMV, and there are always plugs and soup sandwhiches in every branch and trade, but I think it has the potential to be interesting and give you a well rounded experience (unless you get jetty queens for postings in which case it's thankless in your limited window to get sailing time as LogO).

The army logs can be pretty switched on but some get too into eating crayons and forget someone has to supply crayons to eat; calendars marked up with MS paint ensure (wonder if that guy ever lived that down?).
That was an Infantry officer.

I may be biased, but I think the Navy log path might be the more interesting one at the SLt/Lt(N) level and sets them up well within the branch to do a number of different purple jobs. YMMV, and there are always plugs and soup sandwhiches in every branch and trade, but I think it has the potential to be interesting and give you a well rounded experience (unless you get jetty queens for postings in which case it's thankless in your limited window to get sailing time as LogO).

One would think that. But then one has to remember the RCLS is very Army focused; and dominated.

One would think that. But then one has to remember the RCLS is very Army focused; and dominated.
For sure, but I never had to explain the basic contracting process to a post AHOD Navy log two ringer before, or walk them through section 34, but may have been an outlier that I was dealing with that didn't have any real experience thrown into a senior position.

Back