• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

March 13 BMQ

im ready as ready can be, my girlfriend isnt. she isnt too happy. but we're spending most of our time together so :-\

Ya my wife is and isn't happy.  But I have spent the last month or so on paternity leave so I could spend all my time at home.

this will be a true test to our relationship, but i honestly think it'll work out. havent been going out for long, but she knows going for infantry is something ive been looking towards for awhile, so i cant wait.

the 13th seems to be coming soo slowly.

yea, my lady aint to happy, and things seem to keep reminder her... guess we'll see how it works out! 9 days till we fly...Whoa! im gunna go buy some stuff that we need to bring...like coathangers all the same colour...and underwear all the same colour...lol

Sixshooter said:
this will be a true test to our relationship, but i honestly think it'll work out. havent been going out for long, but she knows going for infantry is something ive been looking towards for awhile, so i cant wait.
Same as my situation, 3 days after we start training will be six months for my gf and I. She isn't happy about it, but she understands why I'm doing this. I'm so ready for it, I even ran 3 miles to "break in" my new runners.. In a few hours I will be sworn in, no longer a civilian :D

and i still havent bought anything. this weekend and saturday of next is my shopping days.  :-\

Ya I have 5 days till I get sworn in.  Also havn't went out and boughten anything, but for the most part I think I have most of the stuff except the shoe polish kit and some others.  But I need to search back in these forums somewhere cause I am sure I saw a post about what kit works the best.

Are you guys taking it easy for the last week or double timing it for fitness.  I think i am just going to stay on the same track and try not to hurt myself before I leave.  I would hate to have to try and explain not being able to run or do pushups on my first day at basic.

this sunday is my final day of work out, or.. basic workout, with my luck i'd hurt myself the 11th.

I've been going super hard for the last couple months, so I'm in the best shape of my life right now ;D

Except I twisted my knee in kickboxing last week, so I have to strengthen it up so it's good before I go. I'm pretty much just doing running every couple of days, pushups, that kinda stuff. I'm going to take 'er pretty easy though.

Good Luck Everyone

You guys sound so excited and pumped. I am hoping I will be doing BMQ sometime in the next few years, that is, if I do not decide to go to RMC.

Again, Good Luck Everyone, Have Fun and Never Give Up :salute:

I am just wondering if I am the only one that is joining the army to catch up on some sleep???  I have a 5 month old son at home and he hasn't really caught onto the fact that sleeping through the night is "the cool" thing to do.  So about every hour to hour and a half he wakes up and you have to give him a bottle for a few mins till he falls back to sleep, or else he is one pissed off baby.

See you guys in a week.

Im damn hyped to go, can't wait.

And no, i use to love sleeping but recently ive been lacking the usual sleep i get, so im growing prone to being up on a few hours of rest. But eh, if its the break you want then all the power to you lol.

w00t w00t

lol, right now the sleep thing for me aint to great either, but mostly from workin...and "going away party's"...lol
1 week till we fly out!! I'm not sure if i should work out like crazy or not...i could use the extra push in the last week...3 more days of working... i work 2 jobs right now so its kinda hard to be able to work out alot...but gettin more and more excited!

I've been working out a little, an average 2 hours a day, mainly just cardio and lighter weights than usual, dont wanna hurt something right before I leave. The hardest part I think is going to be the 11pm lights out and 0530 wakeup. .... but only for the first few days. The last few days I've been sleeping in, but I think I'll try to mimic basic by getting on their schedual on thursday friday so its a bit easier, but with the timechange, who knows.

Well I get sworn in today.  Damn this week is going so friggen slow.

4 more days!!

Haha, I'm almost ready to go. I have most of my things, ready to be packed. Thursday I will get everything ready, friday will be a night out with the pals... then board the plane a few hours later ;D

Ya today is my day to go buy all the little things that I need(starch, good socks etc)

The swearing in ceremony was great.  Not to sure if the captain doing the presentation made a mistake when he said that we were assigned to Edmonton already but that would be a awesome placement. 

Yea our captain said edmonton also!! that would be saaaweeet! Tyler and i got sworn in yesterday also. We had another 2 guys with us. one for Infintry the other was A Core. Gunna go shoppin today to try and get the bulk of everything else...im still gunna wait to get somethings upon arrival though.

<---- the other infantry guy that got sworn in with you two.

Will see you and Tyler on the plane I guess.

I am also waiting to buy some things at the base such as aerosol can of shaving cream and an aerosol can of starch spray.

Back