• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Which World War II tank are you?

ironduke57

Reaction score
Fitting to the "What Combat Weaponry Are You?" Thread:

- http://quiz.myyearbook.com/myspace//29051/Which_World_War_II_tank_are_you.html

Tiger I​
29051_res3.jpg
German Tiger I. Expensive, heavy, and effective. German quality engineering was fearsome, but could its size be its downfall?
wos_armee_120.gif
Come, get some! >:D

Regards,
ironduke57

M4 Sherman.
Personally, I'd like to think that mine is fitted with all of Oddball's loudspeakers and paint-loaded shells.

Oddballtank.jpg

Midget

uncle-midget-boyd said:
M4 Sherman.
Personally, I'd like to think that mine is fitted with all of Oddball's loudspeakers and paint-loaded shells.

Oddballtank.jpg

Midget
Darn now I want to play the movie and it is 1AM and I work in the morning. Maybe I will get up early and watch it. So ws it really a Sherman tank they used in the movie? I heard it was some Eastern European tank on one movie website.

canadian4ever said:
Darn now I want to play the movie and it is 1AM and I work in the morning. Maybe I will get up early and watch it. So ws it really a Sherman tank they used in the movie? I heard it was some Eastern European tank on one movie website.

It was a Sherman:

The movie was mainly filmed in Yugoslavia because the Yugoslavian army still had a large quantity of Sherman tanks in 1970.

It wasn't a Tiger:

The "Tiger" tanks used in the film were actually Russian T-34 tanks which had been specially modified to look like Tiger tanks. This is apparent when you look at the suspension of the tanks (T-34s used a modified Christie suspension, whereas the Tigers' wheels were much more elaborate.)

Kelly's Heroes - Trivia

Back on topic - A22 Churchill

"Russian T-34/76. Its combination of sloped armour, mobility, power, price, and speed makes this one of the finest tanks of the war. However, these advantages have a cost of comfort. Seat cushions were an unnecessary expense!"

Expensive, heavy, and effective - Tiger 1

I came out with a Tiger I in the quiz but I figured there were too many of those already.
Again there is the same music in that clip. It is called Panzerlied
The lyrics are in English on that page but it just doesn't look right.

Back