• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

It's funny how the threat of limiting social and commercial interaction can cause folks to reconsider their convictions (or simply stope being lazy):

I realize it's not popular but I feel that it should be mandatory for certain employment sectors.

I realize it's not popular but I feel that it should be mandatory for certain employment sectors.
I agree.

My former employer mandated Hepatitis B, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Pertussis, proof of immunity to Varicella TDP, MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella.

Proof of seasonal Influenza vaccination was required every year when I worked there. Now it's optional. But, if you don't get it,

All Paramedics who have elected not to have the influenza vaccine will be required to wear full PPE on all respiratory illness calls.

I would not be surprised if Covid vaccination is mandated as well.

I'm on record here saying I think its a bad idea to have a two tier society.
I agree BUT a local journalist made a very good case as to why the non vaccinated might be shut out of sports venues etc.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers can have a FULL stadium (30,000) as long as they are all vaccinated on 5 August when they play the Hamilton Iger Cats. Non vaxx or anti vax cannot enter.

Naw I don't want to deny you the chance to really really revel in being right. I feel you anchored on this so I don't wanna take that away.

All Canadians will be vaccinated by end of September. Let's see how it plays out.

Brig.-Gen. Krista Brodie says more than two million doses of vaccine are already being held back because provinces have said they can’t use them — a big change from when all newly arrived doses were shipped around the country as quickly as possible.

“In the coming weeks, we will cross a symbolic threshold of 66 million doses, signalling that there are enough doses in Canada to vaccinate every currently eligible Canadian,” Brodie said at a virtual news conference from Ottawa Thursday.
Soon.

It's funny how the threat of limiting social and commercial interaction can cause folks to reconsider their convictions
That's exactly what we should be doing. Essentially brow beating people into submission by withholding thier basic rights until they submit to a medical procedure. You're on a slippery slope of tyranny.

Maybe, just maybe, folks will see that the vaccine works and is safe. Herd immunity doesn't require 100% vaccination rates, so even the small amount of holdouts won't affect the numbers. People dont take kindly to being told their freedom rests on doing something the government says, especially not historically in France...

At the end of the day, if someone wants to roll the dice whether they end up on a ventilator, thats their prerogative. We've already been told vaccines don't stop transmission (hence mask rules still around) so folks are essentially gambling with their own health. We allow that with cigarettes, DUI, skydiving, etc every day.

That's exactly what we should be doing. Essentially brow beating people into submission by withholding thier basic rights until they submit to a medical procedure. You're on a slippery slope of tyranny.

Maybe, just maybe, folks will see that the vaccine works and is safe. Herd immunity doesn't require 100% vaccination rates, so even the small amount of holdouts won't affect the numbers. People dont take kindly to being told their freedom rests on doing something the government says, especially not historically in France...

At the end of the day, if someone wants to roll the dice whether they end up on a ventilator, thats their prerogative. We've already been told vaccines don't stop transmission (hence mask rules still around) so folks are essentially gambling with their own health. We allow that with cigarettes, DUI, skydiving, etc every day.
There are adverse reactions to these vaccines.

Not a huge amount, but some.

So if people are to take them, I would rather it be out of their own free will with every understanding that there is a small chance they have a bad reaction and or death.

I don't want that decision forced by any government.

Yeah, sure. Medical field and the likes I can see the requirements for it. Some sacrifices must be made for certain jobs.

But for Joe blow on the street, grabbing a coffee, a burger, a tennis racket and a beer, no. Screw off with that nonsense.

I'm all for having as many people as possible voluntary getting the vaccines, and if some harm befalls them, they made that choice of their own free will.

It's another story when the government starts forcing people to do it. What do you say to people who have adverse reactions then?

Canada has surpassed the USA in percentage of population vaccinated.

Also, Covid cases are rising in all 50 states.

They are dropping in every Canadian Province.

For everyone who was bashing Canada and praising the USA.

For those keeping score,

Deaths per 100K population.

United States 185.35

Canada 70.33

This page was last updated on Friday, July 16, 2021 at 06:00 AM EDT.

For those keeping score,

Deaths per 100K population.

United States 185.35

Canada 70.33

This page was last updated on Friday, July 16, 2021 at 06:00 AM EDT.

Yeah, I won't say Canada was perfect during this, but I never expect perfection.

Canada was good enough, and that's enough for me. Kept the death rates low, got vaccines at a pace that caught up and surpassed the USA, I'll take that.

My wife just went into emergency again yesterday. Not once in the last 4 times into hospital has she been tested. BC testing rate is about 55% of the national average. Speaking to her family and friends who are doctors in Malaysian and the US, they were shocked to learn we don't immediately test for Covid and rapidly becoming unimpressed with the levels of care in BC hospitals, which don't seem to reach Malaysian or US levels.

My wife just went into emergency again yesterday. Not once in the last 4 times into hospital has she been tested. BC testing rate is about 55% of the national average. Speaking to her family and friends who are doctors in Malaysian and the US, they were shocked to learn we don't immediately test for Covid and rapidly becoming unimpressed with the levels of care in BC hospitals, which don't seem to reach Malaysian or US levels.
Hope she is OK.

I hope your wife is okay.

And yes, Canada has sucked at using rapid testing kits. But on a whole, country wide we have done alright.

We will soon have 66million vaccines, enough for everyone over the age of 12 who wants one, and we we have 69 percent of our population with 1 shot and 48.5 with 2 shots.

Compared to the USA with 55.5 percent with one shot and 48.05 with 2.

Out death rate at 70.33 compared to the USA at 185.35

Cases in every province dropping, cases in all 50 states rising.

There are very few metrics in which Canada can be considered to have done a bad job overall at this point.

I hope your wife is okay.

And yes, Canada has sucked at using rapid testing kits. But on a whole, country wide we have done alright.

We will soon have 66million vaccines, enough for everyone over the age of 12 who wants one, and we we have 69 percent of our population with 1 shot and 48.5 with 2 shots.

Compared to the USA with 55.5 percent with one shot and 48.05 with 2.

Out death rate at 70.33 compared to the USA at 185.35

Cases in every province dropping, cases in all 50 states rising.

There are very few metrics in which Canada can be considered to have done a bad job overall at this point.
Would you just stop.

They also have 10 times the population, so density plays a part in infections, plus your dealing with less than 15 jurisdictions for health verses 51

Back