• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Miracle cure promoted by fox.

Did they really promote taking it in formulations and doses intended for horses?

I probably wouldn't take as much vitamin C as a horse, if horses took vitamins. But I might still take vitamin C.

Did they really promote taking it in formulations and doses intended for horses?

I probably wouldn't take as much vitamin C as a horse, if horses took vitamins. But I might still take vitamin C.
I have noticed something about the fox news audience.

When they get a talking head on, who says "this thing/drug works" fox viewers, at least some of them, take it to heart and go off and try it, medical advice be damned.

Happened with hydroxychloroquine, happened with bleach, and now happening with ivermectin.

While legally, they are not liable, they are also the medium that is allowing these....alternative.... "potential" treatments to be promoted.

I have noticed something about the fox news audience.

When they get a talking head on, who says "this thing/drug works" fox viewers, at least some of them, take it to heart and go off and try it, medical advice be damned.

Happened with hydroxychloroquine, happened with bleach, and now happening with ivermectin.

While legally, they are not liable, they are also the medium that is allowing these....alternative.... "potential" treatments to be promoted.

You can state with any authority the political leanings of the bleach or tide pod consumers. Nice try. There are plenty of crazies on all sides.

You can state with any authority the political leanings of the bleach or tide pod consumers. Nice try. There are plenty of crazies on all sides.
I can with a certain degree of confidence say that when president trump was saying take hydroxychloroquine or ingest bleach to combat covid, it was more likely than not his supporters doing so, yes.

And yes, I mention hydroxychloroquine, that drug you previously touted as a miracle cure that you have conveniently forgotten about with your new ivermectin crusade.

The fact that we are wasting time talking about it is a testament to you seeing as we have a cure for covid already. Vaccines.

I can with a certain degree of confidence say that when president trump was saying take hydroxychloroquine or ingest bleach to combat covid, it was more likely than not his supporters doing so, yes.

And yes, I mention hydroxychloroquine, that drug you previously touted as a miracle cure that you have conveniently forgotten about with your new ivermectin crusade.

The fact that we are wasting time talking about it is a testament to you seeing as we have a cure for covid already. Vaccines.
The fact that you still say Mr. Trump said to ingest bleach just causes everything else you say to be ignored,....rightfully I may add. Agenda, agenda, agenda...

Reactions: QV

Problems of that nature are worsened by people who make or perpetuate false claims. Suppose Trump makes a muddled comment about something related to bleach. Suppose people who don't like Trump distort the comment entirely and promulgate it far and wide as "Trump recommends ingesting bleach". And now the people who like Trump and are inclined to follow his ramblings should assume...what, exactly, from that third-hand bullsh!t? (Or any other third-hand bullsh!t that just won't die because the people who think they are informed and intelligent are almost as misled and ignorant as those they despise.)

The fact that you still say Mr. Trump said to ingest bleach just causes everything else you say to be ignored,....rightfully I may add. Agenda, agenda, agenda...

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light," the president said, turning to Dr Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response co-ordinator, "and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it.
"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too. Sounds interesting," the president continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."
Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

A leading disinfectant producer has issued a strong warning not to use its products on the human body after Donald Trump suggested they could potentially be used to treat coronavirus.
Reckitt Benckiser said "under no circumstance" should its products be injected or ingested.

Despite months of warnings that it’s unsafe, some Americans are still attempting to self-treat for coronavirus by drinking bleach products, prompting Georgia officials to send out a warning that doing so could be fatal.

Ya, sure.

Problems of that nature are worsened by people who make or perpetuate false claims. Suppose Trump makes a muddled comment about something related to bleach. Suppose people who don't like Trump distort the comment entirely and promulgate it far and wide as "Trump recommends ingesting bleach". And now the people who like Trump and are inclined to follow his ramblings should assume...what, exactly, from that third-hand bullsh!t? (Or any other third-hand bullsh!t that just won't die because the people who think they are informed and intelligent are almost as misled and ignorant as those they despise.)

Of course, he didn't say anything about injecting or ingesting bleach.

You can't just say what even the usual crowd of fact-checkers managed to say (variations along the lines of "No, Trump did not..."). You have to spin it. FFS.

Being "King Of |The World" sounds interesting to me........you mean that didn't make it so? Too bad you sometimes go all stupid as it does detract from the times when you don't go all stupid.

Being "King Of |The World" sounds interesting to me........you mean that didn't make it so? Too bad you sometimes go all stupid as it does detract from the times when you don't go all stupid.
Of course, he said , again I quote, "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?" and when people go drink bleach its because they are dumb people?

Well, I agree, they are dumb people. But people would not have been off drinking bleach as a covid cure if Trump didn't say it. The fact that his own words, HIS OWN WORDS, can somehow be disputed, like he said it but didn't mean it, so any negative consequences don't apply, is complete and utter madness.

If spin is using his exact words....

Aren't you the same creature who was recently exhorting people to own up to exactly what they were writing here a few months ago?

Find me the exact words that substantiate "when president trump was saying take hydroxychloroquine or ingest bleach to combat covid". (There's a difference between what Trump says/writes, and what partisans claim he says/writes. Assign blame properly.)

Aren't you the same creature who was recently exhorting people to own up to exactly what they were writing here a few months ago?

Find me the exact words that substantiate "when president trump was saying take hydroxychloroquine or ingest bleach to combat covid". (There's a difference between what Trump says/writes, and what partisans claim he says/writes. Assign blame properly.)
How about you my good Sir/Madame/Non Binary Gender, care to explain why people suddenly starting drinking bleach as a covid 19 cure in a way that doesn't implicate Trump.

Two can play at this game.

Its a stupid game.

Meanwhile, picking on the Provinces is a great idea pre-election for a minority government:

Federal Health Minister Patty Hajdu has sent a letter to her Alberta counterpart saying she shares concerns about the province's plan to lift all of its COVID-19 health restrictions.

In the letter, addressed to Alberta Health Minister Tyler Shandro, Hajdu says she agrees with the Canadian Paediatric Society's description of the move as an "unnecessary and risky gamble."

Shandro fired back on Thursday, accusing Hajdu of unfairly targeting Alberta for political gain.

"It's beyond ironic that at the very time Min. Hajdu was sending her supposed letter of concern, her boss is preparing to crisscross the country for his opportunistic election," said a statement from Shandro.

Meanwhile, picking on the Provinces is a great idea pre-election for a minority government:

Federal Health Minister Patty Hajdu has sent a letter to her Alberta counterpart saying she shares concerns about the province's plan to lift all of its COVID-19 health restrictions.

In the letter, addressed to Alberta Health Minister Tyler Shandro, Hajdu says she agrees with the Canadian Paediatric Society's description of the move as an "unnecessary and risky gamble."

Shandro fired back on Thursday, accusing Hajdu of unfairly targeting Alberta for political gain.

"It's beyond ironic that at the very time Min. Hajdu was sending her supposed letter of concern, her boss is preparing to crisscross the country for his opportunistic election," said a statement from Shandro.

This is liable to gain them support. Biting the hand that feeds them is a favourite past time of this government ano a few other provinces.

Health minister with no qualifications in medicine telling a doctor what she should do......

Well with all the belly aching about doctors setting public policy and other noise from one side and certain politicians never listening to medical experts I find this refreshing coming from you. Normally I would agree.

but she sent the letter to Alberta’s Health Minister. Mr. Shandro is a lawyer. Not a doctor of medicine.

How about you my good Sir/Madame/Non Binary Gender, care to explain why people suddenly starting drinking bleach as a covid 19 cure in a way that doesn't implicate Trump.

When dumbfucks misquote and misrepresent what someone said, and the mob picks up the mispresentation, and other dumbfucks act stupidly because of the misinformation, the fault lies with the misinformers.

If a second party can twist something a first party said and then blame third party tragedies on the first party, there's no real meaning to either truth or accountability left.

Back