• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

The last western journalists in Maripoul (sp?) were from Associated Press . The reason they left was that they realised that the Russians were actively and quite deliberately hunting them.
Guess Vlad doesn't want any witnesses?

I wonder what might come out of this latest trip, if anything, apart from some mutual tut tutting, hand wringing and virtue signalling. I can't see Canada coming off well unless the PM is willing to bring some bigger military commitments to the table:

Prime Minister to travel to Belgium to meet with allies and partners to continue addressing Russia’s invasion of Ukraine​

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, will travel to Brussels, Belgium, from March 23 to 25, 2022, to engage with European Union, NATO and G7 leaders to build on our coordinated response to Russia’s illegal and unjustifiable invasion of Ukraine.

On March 23, the Prime Minister will address the European Parliament where he will speak on peace and security, defending democracy, and transatlantic cooperation for the benefit of people in Canada and the European Union. This will be the Prime Minister’s second address to the European Parliament on the close Canada-European Union partnership.

On March 24, the Prime Minister will meet with leaders from Allied countries at the NATO Summit to further coordinate support for Ukraine, and discuss further strengthening NATO’s deterrence and defence measures.

The Prime Minister will then attend the G7 Heads of State and Government Meeting where leaders will discuss the current situation in Ukraine and its wider global impacts, including food security and energy supply.

While in Belgium, Prime Minister Trudeau will meet with the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen.

European Word Salad Tour 2022.

Canada can't contribute anymore weapons, aid or substantial military assistance. Words, thoughts and telling Europeans how to conduct diplomacy is Canada now. I highly doubt anyone cares what Trudeau has to say.

Last edited:
Quirky, I think you accidentally mis-spelled “Word Salad” 😉

Canada will likely be telling its partners about plans to increase defence spending.

But the devil is in the details. What are we going to be spending it on and when?

Empty promises and empty words, that's all I'm expecting. Be prepared for us to no longer have a seat at the grown ups table.
Especially with the new Coalition that's forming, apparently to keep PMJT in power until 2025.

The focus of the current administration will be on continuation of bread and circus for the masses at the expense of other portfolios 😉

Canada will likely be telling its partners about plans to increase defence spending.

But the devil is in the details. What are we going to be spending it on and when?
I can tell you all I want that I plan to be an astronaut but action is what counts.

I wonder what might come out of this latest trip, if anything, apart from some mutual tut tutting, hand wringing and virtue signalling. I can't see Canada coming off well unless the PM is willing to bring some bigger military commitments to the table:

Prime Minister to travel to Belgium to meet with allies and partners to continue addressing Russia’s invasion of Ukraine​

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, will travel to Brussels, Belgium, from March 23 to 25, 2022, to engage with European Union, NATO and G7 leaders to build on our coordinated response to Russia’s illegal and unjustifiable invasion of Ukraine.

On March 23, the Prime Minister will address the European Parliament where he will speak on peace and security, defending democracy, and transatlantic cooperation for the benefit of people in Canada and the European Union. This will be the Prime Minister’s second address to the European Parliament on the close Canada-European Union partnership.

On March 24, the Prime Minister will meet with leaders from Allied countries at the NATO Summit to further coordinate support for Ukraine, and discuss further strengthening NATO’s deterrence and defence measures.

The Prime Minister will then attend the G7 Heads of State and Government Meeting where leaders will discuss the current situation in Ukraine and its wider global impacts, including food security and energy supply.

While in Belgium, Prime Minister Trudeau will meet with the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen.

The best thing our allies could do would be to ignore us. That might stir things up.

I can tell you all I want that I plan to be an astronaut but action is what counts.
If we can accelerate and invest in immediate needs that will be a start. Tangible action like bypassing the normal procurement BS and get things we need right now. Get NVGs for every combat arms troop, accelerate pistol acquisition, get radios for dismounted troops and buy a bunch of man portable AT systems. Easy fast wins. Increase numbers and focus everything on training. Settle the F35 thing now and revisit the continental anti ballistic missile system position. Lots of low hanging fruit that can fix a lot of our issues.

I agree, long term promises with no effect and can be changed on a whim means nothing.

If we can accelerate and invest in immediate needs that will be a start. Tangible action like bypassing the normal procurement BS and get things we need right now. Get NVGs for every combat arms troop, accelerate pistol acquisition, get radios for dismounted troops and buy a bunch of man portable AT systems. Easy fast wins. Increase numbers and focus everything on training. Settle the F35 thing now and revisit the continental anti ballistic missile system position. Lots of low hanging fruit that can fix a lot of our issues.

I agree, long term promises with no effect and can be changed on a whim means nothing.
You’re asking for more than JT wants to give

Back