• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

The better question is “will RCAF P-8s use HAAWC if we purchase P-8?

My personal opinion; if you can get MAD, get it.
That looks too much like a thing that goes "Bang!"

You made me Google...using your bunch of capital letters.......

I would certainly hope so, if implemented beyond USN.

I hope so as well. If we do, I’d be less concerned about cutting a dry sensor and going with the MAD Drone that was in development.

Maintain that cap without the need to position the aircraft dedicated MAD.

I would certainly hope so, if implemented beyond USN.
I am just a bit sceptical that a P-8 is the kind of aircraft you should be doing MAD runs in.

I stand to be proven wrong; the USN is not always right, but….

I am just a bit sceptical that a P-8 is the kind of aircraft you should be doing MAD runs in.

Tracking totally… but recent developments in Quantum magnetometry are looking to provide several orders of magnitude (100-1000x +) over current MAD systems, so one would likely not be bound by conventional/existing MAD procedures…

We’ve worked down low with them; 200’ doing Vis ID during a MISSLE-EX. Their crew didn’t think it was that big of a deal.

It’s not their optimal altitude but they’re capable of it…and they have HAAWC to enable their TTPs.

MAD has been a game saver more than once on crews I’ve been on, exercise and operations.

If the RCAF goes with HAAWC, go with the MAD drones. If no HAAWC…

But, I suspect that FMS details will prevent that. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sure.

Do you have an example of such a DSCA notification that Canada did not implement?
As far as I know its never happened. My point was that all DSCA notifications start out like that, not just ones Canadian FMS sales; then sometime later its announced that Canada or country XX is buying that piece of equipment.

As far as I know its never happened. My point was that all DSCA notifications start out like that, not just ones Canadian FMS sales; then sometime later its announced that Canada or country XX is buying that piece of equipment.
I think you were both violently agreeing.
But I believe that @Good2Golf missed that earlier.

Hence my “Sure…” I didn’t contest your statement, but my previous comments to others, and follow-on question to you related to the notification being notably more than something like someone asking a *car dealership for a quote on a single car…

Hence my “Sure…” I didn’t contest your statement, but my previous comments to others, and follow-on question to you related to the notification being notably more than something like someone asking a cad dealership for a quote on a single car…
Okay no problem, maybe I should have included a little more context in my original post.

Not so fast boys and girls.......I think the fix is in

"Ford asks Trudeau to let Bombardier bid

Did Trudeau ask Ford to ask him to help Bombardier? I would put a strong bet on this. Trudeau is looking for cover to not give to Boeing. But even if not I get why Ford is asking.

We can in this country really make easy hard!

Did Trudeau ask Ford to ask him to help Bombardier? I would put a strong bet on this. Trudeau is looking for cover to not give to Boeing. But even if not I get why Ford is asking.

That's great, but that's not enough of a reason to allow them bid with essentially a dream on a cocktail napkin because "but they are a Canadian Company..."

If you don't want to lose out, be better.

The ‘journalist’ who wrote that article is an imbecile.
They ignore that Bombardier has no actual plane, and then blissfully ignores the fact that the vaporware aircraft Bombardier is showing on a computer screen can’t do what the P-8 already does.

It’s basically a front job for Bombardier

That's great, but that's not enough of a reason to allow them bid with essentially a dream on a cocktail napkin because "but they are a Canadian Company..."

If you don't want to lose out, be better.
Just maybe they should have build an aircraft earlier and actually bid on the tender…

Just maybe they should have build an aircraft earlier and actually bid on the tender…
And leave all that beautiful R&D, prototyping money on the table.......Come on now that not how this game works.

Back