• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recent content by FJAG

  1. FJAG

    Lawyers Allegedly Behaving Badly

    FFS :mad:
  2. FJAG

    Funny Pix & Video Thread

  3. FJAG

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Nope. You can tell by the small black lines that they used stencils for those numbers. Hard to tell if they brushed or sprayed over those but the numbers are all uniform for height, width etc. Hard to achieve that freehand on a model. 🍻
  4. FJAG

    Lawyers Allegedly Behaving Badly

    F***ing hell. It just never stops; does it? :mad:
  5. FJAG

    Canada seeks to buy Long Range Precision Rockets (probably US MLRS or HIMARS)

    Fully agree that we need to grow the trade and other maintainer trades too. The complexity of systems has grown astronomically since I was a young pup on the gunline but even in those days each mech battery had its own rad tech, weapons tech, electronics and optics tech and around a dozen or...
  6. FJAG

    Canada seeks to buy Long Range Precision Rockets (probably US MLRS or HIMARS)

    In my day we had 30cal and 50 cal MGs on many mid and rear area vehicles in the unlikely possibility we might need them to defend against Spetsnaz ambush or a rogue fast air getting through. That has now changed to the high possibility of varying classes of strike UAVs proliferating in those...
  7. FJAG

    Canadian Centurion tank

    I shouldn't be talking as I had set aside both my model railroad and working on military miniatures for almost 30 years and just got back into both hobbies. And yes that means that I'm using a lot of thirty-year-old cans and bottles of paint. I tend to weather my kits so there is an underlying...
  8. FJAG

    Canada seeks to buy Long Range Precision Rockets (probably US MLRS or HIMARS)

    I frankly do not know enough as between the Kongsberg and Moog lines of product to compare them intelligently, but the issue you mention is the one I think is the important one, standardization across the various fleets so that one weapons tech and supply chain and training chain can meet the...
  9. FJAG

    Canada seeks to buy Long Range Precision Rockets (probably US MLRS or HIMARS)

    "Unsustainable" is a book I've written and am rewriting. PM to follow. 🍻
  10. FJAG

    Canada seeks to buy Long Range Precision Rockets (probably US MLRS or HIMARS)

    That's making its way into the next draft of "Unsustainable." :cool:
  11. FJAG

    Canada seeks to buy Long Range Precision Rockets (probably US MLRS or HIMARS)

    That truly is the answer for this type of capability. The idea of a "big honking ship" in the CAF inventory that sits around for 360 days a year doing nothing is a waste of resources. One that provides surplus capacity in peacetime (possibly even with active or reserve crews) sharing time...
  12. FJAG

    Canadian Centurion tank

    You need a better tac sign stencil. Also I'd cut back a bit on the surface area that the brown bit in the middle covers. But that's just me. Good work. Makes me want to get back to my own modeling. 🍻
  13. FJAG

    Canada seeks to buy Long Range Precision Rockets (probably US MLRS or HIMARS)

    There are always these and commercial ROROs. 🍻
  14. FJAG

    Canada seeks to buy Long Range Precision Rockets (probably US MLRS or HIMARS)

    I don't think we need Korea for the Defence of Canada division unless they have a real nice air defence suite. For vehicles we already have the GDLS LAV/ACSV and Roshel lines who can can do the medium and lower level wheeled armour which is all that is needed here. We don't need IFVs, tanks, or...
  15. FJAG

    Indirect Fires Modernization Project - C3/M777 Replacement

    It's an interesting program and I'm wondering where it will go. It's original aim was to replace the 18 M777s in each SBCT but with the change in force structure and the conversion of IBCTs to MBCTs, the scope may widen with respect to their M777s (just speculating here). The SBCT concept is...
Back
Top