• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recent content by lenaitch

  1. lenaitch

    Trump administration 2024-2028

    That's it. Tariffs on South Africa. They're very nasty people.
  2. lenaitch

    Quebec Election

    If you swap 'effective' or 'representative' for "accuracy" many would agree with you. I'm not sure inaccuracy is a fault of FPTP.
  3. lenaitch

    Quebec Election

    The advantage of FPTP is its simplicity; results are known within hours, the voter only has to make one simple decision. This does not deny its drawbacks. The few times that a government has proposed changes, it has either chickened-out (go figure) or the electorate rejected the alternative...
  4. lenaitch

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    That likely changed (in Ontario anyway) when an undergrad degree was mandated for a general teaching certificate. I don't know when that was mandated or who pushed for it. From what I recall and from teachers I know, much of the rest of the faculty felt the same way.
  5. lenaitch

    Quebec Election

    And fart in our general direction.
  6. lenaitch

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    Memory fades since it has been a l-o-o-o-n-g time since I was in high school but I recall that our shop teachers, all of whom came from their professions, took a summer 'how to be a teacher' course, and perhaps some seminars, and they only taught shop. Now, it's a big move if they have to take...
  7. lenaitch

    27 Sep 2026 - British counterterrorism op near RAF Fairford

    Every Monte Python fan know the real reason the USAF left the base.
  8. lenaitch

    Funny Pix & Video Thread

    . . . and who is Victor?
  9. lenaitch

    Quebec Election

    I won't do the research but I'll betcha that 'sovereignist' and 'separatist' are terms using heavily, and probably interchangeably, but the respective proponents. In Quebec, sovereignty has been a favoured term dating back to the heady days of 'sovereignty association' (out but still in)...
  10. lenaitch

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    If CAF is using public college to augment or supplement in-house training, and it can exercise a sufficient level of control on the curriculum, then that's good. Concepts such as augmentation is different than 'handing over to', and maybe I was missing the details. In terms of actual trade...
  11. lenaitch

    Canadian Air Ambulance missing off US coast

    Not arguing the colour - just the corporate name.
  12. lenaitch

    The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

    That would have been her. Up until last year, the place had a staff of one (now it has two). It seems nobody has clue about 'the hole'.
  13. lenaitch

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    I'm not sure I am, but my exposure is limited to Ontario and in the law enforcement field. As far as accreditation goes, I have no insight into that. There are lot of colleges (originally called 'community colleges') that are now degree granting institutions, which further clouds the issue...
  14. lenaitch

    Canadian Air Ambulance missing off US coast

    Ontario provides emergency medical transport, land or air, within the province. The only place I can think of where Ornge might transport to a destination outside of the province would be to Winnipeg from n/w Ontario simply because it might be the closest trauma centre...
  15. lenaitch

    Canadian Air Ambulance missing off US coast

    Debris apparently found. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/livestory/ontario-air-ambulance-missing-bermuda-to-boston-9.7368245
Back
Top