• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recent content by ytz

  1. Y

    Iran Super Thread- Merged

    I think they have a work around..... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-administration/navy-discusses-renaming-aircraft-carrier-trump-black-uss-doris-miller-rcna593667
  2. Y

    Iran Super Thread- Merged

    That they won't remove him says plenty about the US.
  3. Y

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    From my time at DTAES......
  4. Y

    EV's, Gas/Oil, and The Future- another swerve split from- JT Hints Boosting Canada’s Military Spending

    https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Fuel-Price-Shock-Pushes-Global-Gas-Car-Sales-Below-50-for-First-Time.html Pure gas vehicles last had marketshare this low in the 1920s when cars were first starting to take off..... And there's some people still getting over the shock of this...
  5. Y

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    I believe this has been true for over a decade in Ontario. They just struggle to get tradies who want to be high school teachers. And you know actually do all the training that teachers require.
  6. Y

    The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

    If we don't trade Panthers for Tempest, we'll end up trading them for Gripens. Pick your poison. The good news here is that as long the line is running, we can top up. And hopefully, the worst of the current politics will be behind us then.
  7. Y

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    What? You taught at CFSATE and think airworthiness is "voluntary compliance"????? As seakingtacco pointed out, it is a delegated authority. And the CAF can use different and even lower standards as necessary. But it's not by any means "voluntary". Really the difference is that commercial...
  8. Y

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    A pre-OFP school should really have very limited specific CAF content. Most of it is specific to the trade and broadly specific to the entire branch or service. I fail to see what an AVN would learn at CFSATE that wouldn't be taught at a civilian college. Heck, how much gap training do we do...
  9. Y

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    I really don't see the problem. We have NCMSTEP and routinely send techs to college programs or often subsidize while there and just shorten their training in Borden. The current proposals a bit of an extension and formalization of that. The CAF is contracting out delivery of training to the...
  10. Y

    The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

    No idea when the drop dead date is for the options. But I do think we're probably running up on the deadline.
  11. Y

    The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

    Disagree. Only in part. Being a reservist is a substantial commitment for a part time job. I do think this needs to be disproportionately compensated to get the numbers we want. And not just pay (which is generous, as you pointed out). It would be good to see better tuition assistance...
  12. Y

    The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

    At least start with pay and benefits.
  13. Y

    The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

    I thought that was optional.
  14. Y

    The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

    I'm just saying. I'm on one of these expensive space projects. I never have to really talk about it. Massive price tag. One of the first projects picked up by DIA. And plenty of politics behind it. But the average person isn't that concerned because they have zero ability to understand it...
  15. Y

    Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

    No idea where to put this. But so happy to see this. One of my personal pet peeves has always been how we screw over NCMs. They don't get civvy certs. But pilots, doctors, all of us officers with graduate degrees? Competition with civvy sector justifies our pay. I've advocated wherever I...
Back
Top