• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Search results

  1. Harris

    Wanted CP Gear Stealth Suit top or top & pants sz large

    I've got a XL jacket I'd let go. It is in like new shape. I think I wore it for two weekends. I'd sell it for a fair price (goes for $165 at CP Gear) plus shipping, or make me an interesting trade. (Into IT kit or tools)
  2. Harris

    Chillaxing

    Chillaxing
  3. Harris

    OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

    Sounds more believable than Maj Gen.  :rofl:
  4. Harris

    New Canadian Shipbuilding Strategy

    But nothing is ever off-the-shelf.  For example Canada has different health and safety requirements so there has to be some modifications to any item of this size and scope.  It's the amount that makes the difference.
  5. Harris

    Can you join while on testosterone replacement therapy?

    OK.  I'll say my bad for the shake your head comment.  Not required.  But you ticked me off with your comment about being too open. "some people are way to open about things.  Answer the questions honestly but sometimes the way a person answers the question can make the difference was all I was...
  6. Harris

    Can you join while on testosterone replacement therapy?

    So your advising people to be less than truthful when applying?  Shake your head.  I've had to deal with troops who were less than truthful and guess how that ended?  A lot of admin and they were either RTU or released.  True story, I had a soldier on two separate Infantry BMQ's, one was...
  7. Harris

    The Post-pandemic Canadian Armed Forces

    Saw the issue with civilians first hand the last couple of months.  High priced help was wondering why none of them were on the calls held after 1600.
  8. Harris

    Boosting wifi range

    I'll second the Alfa products.  I've used a bunch of them and they do work as advertised.  I've taken a single bar connection and turned it into a 3-4 out of 5 one with the directional antennas.
  9. Harris

    Site blocked

    Chrome with Avast on Windows 10 is GTG.
  10. Harris

    Legal Cannabis Use in the CAF

    The CAF is not seeking an exemption.  So they will have to accept usage and come up with rules and regulations just as for booze.
  11. Harris

    Enrollment: Swearing an Oath or Affirmation [merged]

    Ack, and I agree to your points.  I am the CO and I'd never know that DAOD was in existence.  Haven't heard anyone else in the Brigade mention it either when swearing in.  The Inf Regiments I know use the Colours.  Now I guess Ill have to find a way to get a current picture of the Queen in a...
  12. Harris

    Enrollment: Swearing an Oath or Affirmation [merged]

    I agree the DAOD states what it states. However I'll also argue that if every CO who did not follow to the letter every DAOD and other rules and regulations of the CAF was jacked up for not doing so, there wouldn't be a single one not jacked.  Not saying it's right, but there are a ton of...
  13. Harris

    Enrollment: Swearing an Oath or Affirmation [merged]

    Not true in my Unit.  We do them in front of the Regimental Colours.
  14. Harris

    Illegal Border Crossing into Canada - Asylum Seekers

    Send all of them back to Haiti.  Then tell them to get in line like everybody else if they want to return.
  15. Harris

    Retro Pay & Allow 1Apr 2014 - 1Apr 2017

    Further on to the last question, how is the amount handled for those currently on tax free status?  I'm guessing money earned before going tax free is still taxed.
  16. Harris

    Welcome New Army.ca Staff

    Hey All, I've been around from the beginning.  CO West Nova Scotia Regiment by night and shitty little jobs guy for the Brigade and Div by day.  Currently deployed somewhere warm so I will be on when able.  Welcome to all, especially the new blood.  Send me a question if you have one and I'll...
  17. Harris

    My life is falling apart, don't know what to do.

    Does your unit know you are looking for work?  Sometimes they can help source some extra Class A days either in the Unit or through other means.
  18. Harris

    Op IMPACT: CAF in the Iraq & Syria crisis

    I agree but we already break that model by having "points" that increase the amount based on time.  I'd be OK with a flat rate that increases the more you are "exposed" to the risk and/or hardship.
  19. Harris

    Therapeutic Cannabis use

    Unlocked.  If it turns into another slugfest then it gets locked again. Staff
  20. Harris

    Therapeutic Cannabis use

    OK.  Everyone to their own corner at least until the new year.  We don't require yet another thread with people bashing each other about Cannabis.  You want to fight it out, do so via PMs.  We (The rest of the site members and staff) are getting tired of it.  Big Fonts and questionable articles...
Back
Top