• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Search results

  1. Harris

    ADHD, ADD, and why we can't get in rants......

    Frankly, I'm good with discrimination based on the type of mental illness someone has IF it may effect their handling of weapons, explosives, or any other thing that may kill/injure someone else. I believe that the systems doesn't do enough now to weed out those tho cannot handle stressful...
  2. Harris

    Canadian Forces Officer guilty of wearing unearned medals.

    And done.  If anyone has further NEW info to add I or one of the Mods can reopen it. Todd MILNET STAFF
  3. Harris

    Break In / Stolen Gear

    Would you have a reference for this?  My experience is not this.  I've had a number of troops have items stolen from their homes and there was no difference between DEU and non-DEU.  They were charged for all of the missing kit and the reason given was they were expected to have homeowner...
  4. Harris

    PERs : All issues questions...2003-2019

    A fried of mine worked at the CFRC in Halifax a few years ago and when I mentioned that they had lost one of my soldier's files she gave me the big shoulder shrug and said, "It happens all the time".  When I asked if there were any issues raised with this, she replied to the negative.  Not...
  5. Harris

    "Unionizing" the CF (merged)

    Yes you can hire a lawyer on your own dime, but the Presiding Officer is under no obligation to allow him/her to speak.  The JAG does NOT provide a representative to the accused.  If that has changed I've not been told.
  6. Harris

    CAF undermanned; budget cuts to recruiting & training

    I see we're back to the, "Want a job reserve guy?  Well, feel free to pay your own way to get/live here." days.
  7. Harris

    Hearing (Merged) Including Hearing Tests and Hearing Categories

    He told you that because the system is not allowed to stop you from applying.  Once you do apply, then the appropriate part of the system (in this case medical) will assess you and then tell you that you don't meet the minimum required standard. What should you do?  IMO you should not bother...
  8. Harris

    Spanish Navy RHIBs repeatedly RAM Greenpeace RHIBs off Canary Islands

    You play with the bull, you get the horns.
  9. Harris

    (SGT?) Franck Gervais (split from Walts, posers)

    So he has now apparently been suspended with pay from his job.  And apparently he also has a full suite of CADPAT clothing based on the photo.  (except apparently head dress) http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/alleged-military-impostor-suspended-from-construction-company-job-1.2102398
  10. Harris

    All Things Red Poppy Merged Thread (sales, copyright, usage, bans/restrictions, etc.)

    My Regimental Assn made up coins with tha names of members who fell during WWII.  If you join the Assn you get a coin and are asked to research the soldier who is on your coin.  They also included a picture of our Regimental memorial.  They asked the Legion if they could put a poppy on either...
  11. Harris

    Untrained BMQ Candidate Alleges Abuse by Directing Staff Sergeant

    Agreed, except that since she was going the Officer route, even if she did manage to get qualified (only has limited time over the sumer avail), I would get no significant work out of her as an Infantry Pl Commander, and likely none at any higher rank/posn.  At least I or the CF, if they...
  12. Harris

    Untrained BMQ Candidate Alleges Abuse by Directing Staff Sergeant

    Last year I had a 53 year old on my Infantry Unit run BMQ.  She passed, barely, but has already released.  A huge waste of my staffs time.
  13. Harris

    "All Sea King helicopters grounded after N.S. incident"

    I'm not a pilot, nor do I play one on TV, but it seems to me that when referring to helos, "It's in fine shape. It just looked like it may have had a little bit of fire damage", is a statement with mutually exclusive points.
  14. Harris

    Ordered to work on days off?

    Unfortunately I see this all the time at the Unit.  Request comes in on Mon expecting an answer by Wed.  We train Thur night.  Sometimes for a jammy go, sometimes for courses etc... we have no one qual for, and everything in between. So if the day staff bend over backwards and do work the Class...
  15. Harris

    How to recind or dispose of a military qualification

    Perhaps if the OP were to actually tell us what the qual is and why he feels that it should be removed from his record, we could get on with our lives and cease the idle speculation that this thread has evolved into.  Or as a minimum discuss the pros/cons of the particular qual he is seeking to...
  16. Harris

    Back Pay

    In my experience there are a number of dates involved with promotions: Date finished a course/achieved necessary time in, etc... depending on rank and trade. Date Actually promoted (May be months or longer later). Date Promotion is actually in effect. Note that the three dates listed above may...
  17. Harris

    Tuesday Parade Night Starting Date?

    As mentioned above it varies.  For example at my Unit the first parade night is the 11th (we train on Thur nights).  My OGrp for the month is the 2nd, and we hold a leadership conference for Sect Comd and up on the 4th.  Depending on rank, a member may be at one or more of these.
  18. Harris

    CAC card; insurance you can't use.

    I signed up to volunteer for my daughters class trips and I had to pay ~$30 with the check being done through the Lower Sackville RCMP.
  19. Harris

    Fallen Comrades (retired members)

    A former member of the West Nova Scotia Regiment and others. McMURRER, Ernest Leo “Ernie” – Age 72 of Aylesford, NS passed away Monday, May 19, 2014 in the Valley Regional Hospital, Kentville. Born in Dartmouth, he was a son of the late William Ernest and Mary Rita (Pelrine) McMurrer. Ernie was...
Back
Top