• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Search results

  1. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    Again, I am not responsible for any deals or procurement that DND may have made since I retired, even on files where I was the CAF lead. If CAF now buys drones from a company I work at, is that also proof of collusion and corruption? I am not at all certain that Carney is in touch with his...
  2. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    Am I resp Does that mean that I am responsible for decisions made in the CAF in my former portfolios. even though I retired in 2020?
  3. PPCLI Guy

    Iran Super Thread- Merged

    He essentially said that he personally is no longer even remotely interested in the situation that he created, and seems willing to walk away from it all. Perhaps that means the overt and corrupt market manipulation may start to tail off...... just kidding!
  4. PPCLI Guy

    Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

    Every. Single. Day. With some success. And in the various businesses I am involved with (risk and security management, drones, robotics, AI, additive manufacturing, and bio-sense) removing any hint of China in the supply chain is a key element of our resilience strategies, and given the...
  5. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    The closing sentence is quite pointed: Poilievre needs to decide whether he wants to be smug and right, in his own mind, or whether he wants to win elections. Right now, it’s not clear that he wants to win elections. That could have been written about Trudeau.....
  6. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    This increasingly evasive approach to transparency is quite worrying
  7. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    Well, my experience with sovereign wealth funds (limited to KSA) and governmental level investments (Canada, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, France) is that they aren't just giving us money. Why would they.? They are committed to investing up to that amount into projects, equity stakes etc. So if...
  8. PPCLI Guy

    Pro/Anti Child Bearing Policies (split from "Canada don’t matter" thread)

    My Mum had her first days before her 16th birthday. By 27 years old she and my father immigrated to Canada with 4 kids.
  9. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    This is a likely part of a concerted effort to reorient not just financially but culturally away from the US. That strikes me as a good thing.
  10. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    Hmm. As this references a memo dated 31 Mar 26 It would have been useful to also read the slides from other sources, including the official policy issued 6 weeks ago on 21 May...
  11. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    What is an "executive starting role"? Can you give me an example, other than startup founder?
  12. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    A valid personal opinion. But not a fact. In my opinion, this is not a slow bleed. It is an overpressure valve used by individual Canadians and Americans to change their own circumstances, to the net benefit of both countries, as it provides options for individuals to choose. If an...
  13. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    It is just a thing. Facts are not, in and of themselves, good or bad. The fact that it is persistent suggests much deeper roots of some type, rather than the introduction of some new variable.
  14. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    Exactly. Individual people make individual choices, and always have. If the flow has been, over the long term, relatively stable, then it would seem that the aggregate of those individual choices is not necessarily a commentary on the current political climate., much as one may hope.
  15. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    Sarah Connor not seeing the research conducted prior to accepting an AI overview. It is a tool. Probably less biased than shouting podcasts with doomscroller titles...
  16. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    Exactly. It is an different perspective on the same problem. I asked the question "why are Americans moving to Canada" and this is the answer I received
  17. PPCLI Guy

    Liberal (Minority/Majority) Government 2025 - ???

    AI Overview Americans move to Canada seeking increased social stability, safety, and a better work-life balance. They are primarily driven by progressive social policies, gun control, universal healthcare, and the desire for a calmer political climate, though many find the process difficult...
  18. PPCLI Guy

    Funny Pix & Video Thread

    If you know,you know
  19. PPCLI Guy

    Trump administration 2024-2028

    Thing I assume you are playing random word association so I thought I would join in
  20. PPCLI Guy

    Trump administration 2024-2028

    so you only really win any competition if you blank the opponent? A win is a win. And a loss is a loss. This was a big loss. The key now is whether he is able to pass the SAVE act, because if he does the US system of government will change dramatically, and not for the better.
Back
Top