• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Search results

  1. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    I basically want to have my colors as perfect as I can get them for when my 1/16 scale m113 and Centurion come, as well as an airbrush so I don't have these messy brush strokes
  2. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Lmaoo I know I was swearing all night freehanding it 🤣 I just got back into modeling for the first time in 20 years, I had no thinner so I had to make my own, no retarder, no air brush, no putty or painters tape 😅 I'm absolutely building an other AVGP model when my airbrush kit comes in lol it's...
  3. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    How are these colors ? I followed a few guides and forums for paint colors, they look alright but ive never seen this scheme in person originally lol
  4. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Tbh if you do some work it's not awful lol it doesn't have to be an "LSVW" inside lol
  5. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Thats actually pretty cool, I was trying to buy an LSVW a while back to make a camper with
  6. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    i was also reading that we didnt start airbrushing our vehicles until the mid 80s, and brush painting would also be acceptable (i dont own an air brush yet sadly)
  7. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    thats a good point actually, i was just curious because the AVGP seems to be the only vehicle represented in a different color scheme than Canada 3 color or NATO 3 color, im waiting on my RC M113 to get here so im just trying to paint my 1/35 Cougar and Husky to get some practice in
  8. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Or were AVGP best represented in NATO 3 color?
  9. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Would the colors above also represent early AVGPs well ?
  10. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Here's a mock up of my colors, Custom green with XF-62 and XF-59, XF-65 Field Grey for the darker green, and XF-69 NATO Black for the black. edit it's not posting the updated pic my bad, colors above are basically what's in the camoflauge
  11. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Praying im getting the colors right
  12. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    My paint came in today, I'm trying to make Canadian green from Tamiya XF-62 Olive Drab and Tamiya XF-59 Desert Yellow currently I'll post a Pic of a mock up soon
  13. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Oh interesting I thought the Javelin or Blowpipe was used inside the M113 from the air sentry hatch, we didn't really use either system all that much?
  14. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    So im also finding conflicting information about mortars too, it says online we had Mortars with M113 but does that mean dismounts or did we have the M125 Mortar carrier ?
  15. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    For the Lynx there is a 3d print I found that's not terribly priced. I'm Essentially going to have my friend adjust pieces in the CAD modeling so I know where to drill and I'll swap the control board plus accessories (like smoke generator), weapons, suspension, wheels, and tracks over from the...
  16. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Oh of course not, the Centurion is just going to take a lot more time then I realized to do right, so im going to buy a few different 3d models and get the pieces I can get. Then make from scratch the pieces I can't get. The M113 idea started because I learned my opa was a Lynx guy at one point...
  17. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    As well as would these headlights and fuel tank be a good representation of the Canadian Centurion? This is off a 3d model I can purchase and print the accessories I need
  18. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Do you recall if the Centurions also got the NATO 3 color scheme or were they just the green on green before phasing out ?
  19. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    Ill definitely need to check those out, im struggling on which camoflauge to use now, im seeing by the mid 80s we switched to the SCAPP NATO 3 color scheme on a lot of equipment but the green on green is really nice too
  20. C

    Canadian Centurion tank

    https://hedgehoghollow.com/buzz/Colour_Guide/army_clr.html Would this be a good color guide for getting paints? I'm looking at getting an M113A1 to start, then doing a Lynx and Centurion done once I have some experience off the M113A1 because both will take some serious customization from the...
Back
Top