• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1964 PATTERN RUBBERIZED RUCK W/FRAME & STRAPS

jamiew

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings all, I'm a very newbie to this forum, but was a Patricia back in the 80's.  My Daughter has expressed an interest in doing the west coast trail, and I was able to equip her with everything except a ruck.  I was wondering-Does any one know of an affordable source for the 64 pattern Canadian Ruck?  Many thanks to all members-We're in Victoria, BC.

Cheers and Regards to all-JamieW  Can be reached at jwja@telus.net

Forget the 64 Pat. Send her to MEC for something that won't kill her!

daftandbarmy said:
Forget the 64 Pat. Send her to MEC for something that won't kill her!

Much agreed! If she doesn't know how to adjust and use this on the fly it'll be more trouble then it's worth. Not to mention I wouldn't trust any of the surplus packs, and the new ones from CP Gear, ICE or any other retailer costs the same as a good Lowe Alpine bag at MEC.

Would most definitely suggest MEC as a start.

On that topic, if you are trying to do it on the cheap check out the MEC gearswap. It's a great source for used outdoor gear and there are some amazing deals from yuppy types that use high end gear once and then flip it!

Here's the link:

http://www.mec.ca/Apps/outdoorGearSwap/gearswap_main.jsp;jsessionid=LV9WmN4037GNDJ3YP5ygy3FdGvBTxJTZ7SJjg9Mz3K02qgK5MXPQ!-1990545842?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396038596&FOLDER%3C%3EbrowsePath=1408474396038596&bmUID=1217789206822

Noneck

Meanwhile; we have several topics on the '64 Pattern frame and ruck, as well as members on the site who work for various outfitters who are selling these items.

Well George, IMHO the 64 is a great Mil pack. It offers all the right things, with the right upgrades to become a fairly versatile ruck. The only thing is it's not a very good pack for civis. A simple large capacity pack would be way better suited for a long hike then a 64 would. Just me though :D.

I use a 64 too! Don't get me wrong! But when I go camping and hiking I use my Lowe Alpine :D uber nice.

I can carry twice the load in a Lowe Alpine than in a 64 pattern...with half the pain.

Harreson's military surplus, just sold mine to him, he has atleast to packs in stock....

Trakalo said:
Harreson's military surplus, just sold mine to him, he has atleast to packs in stock....

Where the heck did Harreson's move to? I lost track of them after they closed their store downtown.

Back