• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2010 CFL Playoff thread

Occam

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Okay, it's semi-final day, the beer is cold and we're ready for some football.  Any prognostications?

I'm taking Hamilton by 14...I think it's going to be a high scoring game.

I'm also going to take the other team with home field advantage, the Riders, by 7.  Not so much scoring going on.

Occam said:
Okay, it's semi-final day, the beer is cold and we're ready for some football.  Any prognostications?

I'm taking Hamilton by 14...I think it's going to be a high scoring game.

I'm also going to take the other team with home field advantage, the Riders, by 7.  Not so much scoring going on.
Go Rider's Go!! However, B.C. played pretty damn good in the last part of the season while Sask. lost four in a row. Could be a good game.

Well, that was a good beer until I sprayed it everywhere.  ;D

3-0 Argos.  It's early, but still 3-0 Argos.

(Yes, I'm posting this now for fear of when they are down, but I'm living for the moment!)

;D

Technoviking said:
3-0 Argos.  It's early, but still 3-0 Argos.

(Yes, I'm posting this now for fear of when they are down, but I'm living for the moment!)

;D

Yep, I did the same thing when the Leafs went 4-0.  Look how that turned out.  ;)

3-3 in a very tight defensive battle. 

Oh, the Argos just recovered the fumble on a punt return.  Go Double Blue!

Trivia: the Argos have two "shades" of blue.  What is the significance of these colours?

(Hint: it has nothing to do with the Maple Leafs.  In fact, Toronto teams "usually" have blue in their uniforms because of the Argos starting it)

Hamilton needs to put together a running game, and soon....

I was thinking they should've left Glenn in there...

It's going to be a nailbiter.  I can see it coming...

Occam said:
I was thinking they should've left Glenn in there...

It's going to be a nailbiter.  I can see it coming...
No matter who wins, this has been an awesome game.  Go Argos!

The Argos seem to be puttting on a clinic on how to wind down the game.  I hope it holds up!!!!!

(Of course I'm posting for those who are missing the game)
After the punt, the Ti Cats have less than a minute to get within field goal range.  They are starting at their own 9 yard line, 38 seconds left (with the wind), they are marching.

Nail biter indeed!  Is there enough time?

Why the heck did he pass it?  He only had to run it to the centre of the field to set up for the field goal.  Wow.

Shocking.

Now to go to Montréal next week to lose horribly to the Alouettes.

Now for the next game.

I'm going for the Green Riders!

Now, to answer my previous question (that went unanswered), the two shades of blue are a tip  of the hat to Oxford and Cambridge, two universities and their rowing sides.  Remembering that the Argos formed from a rowing club (which still exists, by the way), it was appropriate for Toronto to have the two colours of blue from Oxford and Cambridge.

Go Riders!

Technoviking said:
Why the heck did he pass it?  He only had to run it to the centre of the field to set up for the field goal.  Wow.

Shocking.

To lose it like that. My feelings go out to Hamilton and their fans.  :'(

The guys on TSN said it was the first Argo win against Hamilton this season. If you have to win one game against the opposition, make it the semi-final game!

Back