• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

28 Mar 2005: IED wounds Canadian in Afghanistan

Armymedic said:
I am not sure why the CF chose to send us the AR CADPAT patterned old LBV's. But they are the right colour camo and they'll do for now.

As for it being a good thing..its only 20 C here and everyone who is wearing them is complaining how hot they are. Personally, I think its crap, as I find the new tac vest with small pack works really well. And as a medic I can't carry anything in the LBV back anyway.

Hence the source of my comments (along with the lovely Brittany's).  When I was there (last month!), there were no old LBVs to be seen - I didn't realize that they were even in theatre.

BTW, thanks for the "rumour dispelling" info - all was as I assumed.  If the attack was at the corner into Souter, ISAF's been hit there before...

TR

Teddy Ruxpin said:
  If the attack was at the corner into Souter, ISAF's been hit there before...

TR

The stretch right before Souter used to be covered in Jingle trucks and was alway a major bottle-neck. I know it was one of the places that made roto 0 drivers most nervous.
  :cdn:

Back