• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A couple of questions about joining the Army

mapledonutmouth

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there, so right now I'm in Secondaire 4 in Quebec, and I've been exploring in finding a career in the Army, in the Regular Force. I've done some researching about & have some questions, which was directed by me to "Ask a Recruiter", so here it goes.

I've been wanting to enter the Infantry. Apparently with the training mission in Afghanistan is over, they're not looking for any more soldiers (Infantry) at the moment. Is this true?

I understand that when you join, you'll be doing whatever they need to do, but take your preference (i.e. Infantry) into consideration. Is this true? (I'm not sure if I should ask this one here)

Also does enlisting right after high school speed up the process of recruitment? I read that they do security, financial, etc. on you, and that could take a while, but if you're fresh out of a very well known high school then that shouldn't really be a problem, right?

hello Jordan

Here are the requirements for a career in Canadian Armed Forces

Be a Canadian Citizen.
Be 17 years of age, with parental consent, or older, except:
Regular Officer Training Plan – Junior applications must be 16 or older.
Have completed at least Grade 10 or Secondaire IV (in Quebec).
Certain entry programs and occupations require higher levels of education.

Although education requires at least Grade 10 or Secondaire IV (in Quebec) a high school diploma is ideal.
Yes, the Canadian Armed Forces will be hiring Infantryman in 2015.
Applications are processed based on occupation requirements. When your application has been filled out, you may receive an offer for a job based on your trade selections.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Back