• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircraft Structures Technician ACST Questions

biacs

Inactive
Reaction score
A little about where I'm coming from: I am 18 and looking to join the CAF as an ACST. I have my CFAT booked but have not yet done it. I am trying to enter for paid education. I finished high school and less than one semester in college for Architecture (which I decided would be horrible career choice as I can't stand sitting at a desk all day)

So my questions:
1)The forces.ca website mentions that there are specific schools that are approved for paid education and I must be accepted to apply for paid education. Is Canadore on that list and if not, what schools are? Where else should I apply?

2)How often and where might I have to move? (which according to forces.ca is paid for)

3)The forces.ca website mentions that a minimum service of 2 months for every 1 month of school is required. Does that seriously mean that after school is done, I would only be REQUIRED to serve for 16 months? That just seems like not very long.

Any concrete answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much :)

Back