• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aircrew Selection May 28 - June 1, 2012 - Other Candidates

Bernardjmarx

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking to contact anyone who was successful in Aircrew selection on or around May 28 to June 1, 2012 that is going for pilot.  Last hiring date for DEO pilot is on July 25th, and I have yet to be awarded an air factor.  After calling DRDC, and being told not to call back, I was informed that as of a week ago they were still processing medicals from May.  Anyone else in a similar position or who completed their medical at DRDC after June first that has been awarded an air factor?

Bernardjmarx said:
and I have yet to be awarded an air factor. 

Just to get technical:

Your medical category already has an air factor, as a result of the original medical done by the CFRC:

Air Factor 5 : Fit to be a passenger on CF aircraft.

Bernardjmarx said:
Last hiring date for DEO pilot is on July 25th

Interesting, I've applied for DEO pilot with a CFAT booked for the 24th of July. I would assume there is still hiring going on after the 25th for FY2013.

@Canadian Aviator - thanks for the clarification.  I thought it was clear that the air factor I was speaking of was the one awarded on the basis of the DRDC medical, but apparently that wasn't clear.

@Brian - My understand is that recruiting centres will continue to process applications until told to stop by Ottawa via the trade closing or by some other means.  I did my CFAT in January 2011...

Back