• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Airsoft in Hamilton

I recently spoke with York Regions Firearm officer and he told me is that the only way it is illegal is when you point and shoot at somebody not in a game and when in the commission of a crime eg. robberies, threats etc. Other than that it‘s ok to play airsoft.
PS if you use it illegally the gun will be treated as a real firearm and you will be charged under the firearms act.

Originally posted by Martin de Souza:
[qb] I recently spoke with York Regions Firearm officer and he told me is that the only way it is illegal is when you point and shoot at somebody not in a game and when in the commission of a crime eg. robberies, threats etc. Other than that it‘s ok to play airsoft.
PS if you use it illegally the gun will be treated as a real firearm and you will be charged under the firearms act. [/qb]
And you also might get shot. There was a story a while back about a kid who was playing with his airsoft rifle on his street. Police got out told him to lay his weapon down and he didn‘t, and they shot him.

doesnt take a genius to figure out that if a cop asks you to put your gun down, its probably best to put it down!?

yeah
go with a ww2 look. that‘s what I did.
flagraiders in kitchener is one place we play. there‘s some places in toronto, london, and at wasaga beach is where s-w ont players go to.
check the sites already listed
OR
go to my teams sponsor
www.rangersairsoft.com
Greg

Originally posted by Sh0rtbUs:
[qb] so basically..run around and shoot up eachother? :D Sounds like my kind of game. What is the deal with teams and such? And is there any preorganized strategy and tactic, or just meet up and play for fun? [/qb]
sorta

with the guys I play with, we play with a stratgey/tactics, we split up into fire teams/sections, one section could be tasked with defending a river, from an enemy movement trying to flank us, another could be tasked with assualting the objective, etc

every week, there is a organzied game, that anyone can show up to, an than theres MilSims(military Simluation), pretty much 12-24 hour games, with assigned teams(each team has an assigned uniform(s)) you need to be a club member or an invited guest to attend them though

Yeoman, you go for a 1st CAN Para BN look right?

yup I sure do. it‘s all pretty much ww2 dated kit. very awesome looking stuff. just wait till I get my fallschrimjager kit, and possibly italian paratrooper stuff. mwahahahahaha.
games around here are generally 10-20 minutes games. depending on who‘s running the game, it‘ll either be attack/defend, assualt the drug lab (man I love flagraiders for that), recovery game (ya know get a breifcase both sides are after), hostage recovery (REALLY sucks if you‘re the hostage "here has a pistol with one extra mag, and go against 40 guys!)
at deadlands (airsoft only field in Toronto) is generally where south-western ontario players go to for all day or 24 hour scenario games.
Redeye; that‘s kinda one thing to airsoft. MILSIM, ya know military simulation. now I might be talking about of my rear here, but to me, I have nothing wrong with someone wearing canada‘s or some other countries kit. it‘s kind of one of the points in airsoft; the look. would you rather have everyone run around in pink bunny suits instead? grow up, they‘ve all had the speil about "blah blah blah issued kit blah blah blah didn‘t earn" but they‘re there to have fun, and if they want to have a certain look when playing milsim airsoft? that‘s fine by me
Greg

Back