• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are you a Vet?

Who should get Veteran plates?

• A person who is/was serving in the CF

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • A service person who has been on tour

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • A service person who has seen combat

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A dependant of a CF member

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anyone who has seen the movie Platoon

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biohazardxj

Inactive
Reaction score
I ask this question because of the number of "veteran" license plates I see on cars.  I have 25 years in and have been on tour.  However, I do not consider myself a vet.  I have never seen combat, I have never fired a weapon at the enemy, though I would if asked to.  For example, our troops in Afghanistan are vets in my mind.  What is your opinion on this?

Kind of the way I think. I was posted to Lahr but never into a Hot area, so I'm not a vet.

We are not going down this path.

In 2001, the Department of National Defence and Veterans Affairs Canada refined the definition of a veteran to recognize all former CF members, Regular and Reserve, who have met both DND’s Military Occupational Classification (MOC) requirements and have been honourably discharged. Many members of the CF have previous service and are therefore currently considered Veterans.

Regardless how you served, you did.  It is time we stop diminishing the efforts of all those that have, and don't meet your "Criteria".

dileas

tess

Milnet.ca staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back