• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attending School

zander1976

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

Sorry if this question has been asked but searching didn't come up with any useful results for me ( i fail at searching ). Anyway, I have the opportunity to study bioscience in the fall but I am also in the midst of joining the military. If I sign up for the classes and then get an offer then what?? Does the army wait and if so do I need to turn down the offer ( something I don't want to do ).

Heres a quick overview of me:

I am in the medical section of the app process and I have some delays for a jaded history  :facepalm:. So needless to say I am guessing it will be at least 6 months before I have a definitiveness answer.

I signed up for comms research, atis or lcis. I have about 15 years experience as a software developer, system admin and firewall admin so I have some experience in the area.

The course I will be taking is Bioscience and it won't have any use in IT. So its of no benefit to the army if I complete it or not unless they need a bioscience tech somewhere along the lines. :)

Since the course has no value to the army at all (atleast for what I am applying for) will they wait till I complete the current year or will I need to drop out and leave?

Thanks, Ben

zander1976 said:
Hey Everybody,

Sorry if this question has been asked but searching didn't come up with any useful results for me ( i fail at searching ). Anyway, I have the opportunity to study bioscience in the fall but I am also in the midst of joining the military. If I sign up for the classes and then get an offer then what?? Does the army wait and if so do I need to turn down the offer ( something I don't want to do ).

Heres a quick overview of me:

I am in the medical section of the app process and I have some delays for a jaded history  :facepalm:. So needless to say I am guessing it will be at least 6 months before I have a definitiveness answer.

I signed up for comms research, atis or lcis. I have about 15 years experience as a software developer, system admin and firewall admin so I have some experience in the area.

The course I will be taking is Bioscience and it won't have any use in IT. So its of no benefit to the army if I complete it or not unless they need a bioscience tech somewhere along the lines. :)

Since the course has no value to the army at all (atleast for what I am applying for) will they wait till I complete the current year or will I need to drop out and leave?

Thanks, Ben

Good day,

I had somewhat of a similar problem, I finished my recruiting process around late January and was in my second semester in university of my first year. I was afraid that I would receive an offer before I finish off the semester, luckily I stayed and finished off the semester since I was told that I should make that as my priority. Your best bet would be to talk to your Military Career Counselor, he or she would be able to give you the best answer in regards to your question.

regards
Sleath

Even though your courses have nothing to do with what you are applying for, you can delay joining until you finish your semester until you accept an offer. Just to let you know as a sys admin that has absolutely nothing to do with the atis or lciss trades. It's more along the lines of the IST sub trade of accis.

BearPusher said:
Even though your courses have nothing to do with what you are applying for, you can delay joining until you finish your semester until you accept an offer. Just to let you know as a sys admin that has absolutely nothing to do with the atis or lciss trades. It's more along the lines of the IST sub trade of accis.

The AF uses ATIS techs in sys sdmin roles.  Some comms rsch pers are employed as sys admins on high side systems.  Both trades are used heavily at CFNOC in network operations roles...

Back