• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Awaiting official offer - cutting it close

callmefishmael

Inactive
Reaction score
Last Tuesday I was informed by an officer at the CFRC that I had been selected for DEO MARS, to start BMOQ on 1 Sept. However as my medical has expired I would need to pass that again before the official offer can be made. He told me that a clerk would call me in the next couple days to arrange that.

A week later I hadn't heard anything and spoke to a file manager to see what was up, and while he confirmed that I'm supposed to go to BMOQ on 1 Sept., my interview would expire next week and I may need to do that in addition to the medical. He was not able to book my medical at that time.

Now here I am three weeks from potentially starting BMOQ waiting on this stuff and it's cutting it pretty close. I'm lucky I don't have a lease I need to cancel but I'm anxious about giving my current employer proper notice of my resignation.

Is it normal for there to be this kind of delay in sorting things out so soon to starting basic? Should I be calling the Cfrc more?

Thanks

callmefishmael said:
Last Tuesday I was informed by an officer at the CFRC that I had been selected for DEO MARS, to start BMOQ on 1 Sept. However as my medical has expired I would need to pass that again before the official offer can be made. He told me that a clerk would call me in the next couple days to arrange that.

A week later I hadn't heard anything and spoke to a file manager to see what was up, and while he confirmed that I'm supposed to go to BMOQ on 1 Sept., my interview would expire next week and I may need to do that in addition to the medical. He was not able to book my medical at that time.

Now here I am three weeks from potentially starting BMOQ waiting on this stuff and it's cutting it pretty close. I'm lucky I don't have a lease I need to cancel but I'm anxious about giving my current employer proper notice of my resignation.

Is it normal for there to be this kind of delay in sorting things out so soon to starting basic? Should I be calling the Cfrc more?

Thanks

You have to accept a job offer and be sworn in (and sign copious amounts of documents) before anyone starts loading you for Basic.

It sounds like you haven't done either if they still need to update your medical package.

You'll be loaded for the most available course.

RedcapCrusader said:
You have to accept a job offer and be sworn in (and sign copious amounts of documents) before anyone starts loading you for Basic.

It sounds like you haven't done either if they still need to update your medical package.

You'll be loaded for the most available course.

Interesting. So I'm probably not going to bmoq sept 1 then?

That is an interesting/unique case..

I accepted an offer today for CELE DEO position. My swearing in is on August 27th and course starts from September 1 and then December 5.

If I remember correctly one officer I had talked to a month ago had told me to come back in September to get my credit check, health exam etc. done .. but I guess if my swearing in is on August 27th, I should be alright..

I have yet to receive a phone call between august 27th and now which will explain as to what the process will be going forward etc..(according to the officer who I spoke with today)

Hope this helps

That does not sound correct.

They're supposed to do all of your credit checks and medical examination before you're given a job offer and proceed to enrolment. If they swear you in and then conduct those and find out you failed the credit check or medical standards... Then what the point of even having a recruiting process?

callmefishmael said:

Thanks

If what you are saying is correct, then you need to contact your CFRC NOW!!!!!  Not next week but NOW!!!!  Or you can kiss that 1 Sep BMOQ job offer good-bye! 

DAA said:
If what you are saying is correct, then you need to contact your CFRC NOW!!!!!  Not next week but NOW!!!!  Or you can kiss that 1 Sep BMOQ job offer good-bye!

Well I took your suggestion (thanks!) and called the officer who originally told me I was selected. Unfortunately I got his voicemail and did not hear back before the end of the day. I'm call again tomorrow afternoon if I don't hear anything earlier.

Well I have my medical booked for tomorrow and a new interview (by phone) booked for Thursday. I *may* get my offer by the end of the week.

Thanks everyone who responded!

Did you do a "Trait Self-Descriptive Personality Questionnaire" I just got called for one 6 days from now.

I'm told my medical expires Sept 1st 2014. Hoping things move quick so I don't have to redo it again.

Jay H. said:
Did you do a "Trait Self-Descriptive Personality Questionnaire" I just got called for one 6 days from now.

I'm told my medical expires Sept 1st 2014. Hoping things move quick so I don't have to redo it again.

Unless you get a call next week, I'd expect needing to redo your medical. Get used to it, you'll do a medical every few years in the CF anyways.

Back