• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BAA Degree - Reserve Entry Question

Marmite

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

I have a question regarding 3 year Applied Arts Degrees and gaining entry to the Army or Navy reserves as an officer. I am fortunate enough to have my police service cover 50% of my tuition for a BAA program, justice studies, through the University of Guelph at Humber. The program is condensed into 2 years as opposed to the normal 3 years. Summer semesters are used to eliminate that third year. It is also a part-time coarse load. Majority of work is completed through on-line instruction and self study.

I also posses a Police Foundations College Diploma with Honors - 92% Average.

My questions are as follows,

1) Can a BAA Justice Studies degree meet the educational entry requirement's for reserve officer, Military Police? (Or do you need a 4 year degree?)

2) Would it meet educational entry requirements for reserve Infantry officer or Naval officer? (Does the subject of study really matter for Infantry or Navy?)

3) Would the combination of College Diploma and BAA degree qualify for Reserve DEO?

4) Would the DEO plan be the only plan that I can get in on? Or would the CEOTP be an option? (May be answering my own question here, but is CEOTP only for full time students-Reg force?)

I have sent this (email) to the CFRC contacts on the CF recruiting site, but received just a canned response back, giving me PDF files for all of the officer entry plans. Not much help. I also sent the same questions to the Navy reserve unit HMCS York in Toronto, that recruiter is away on exercises until June. And not much on BAA degrees here on Army.ca.

Any information those in the "know" could give would be great. Or if you could pass on some pages where the information can be found would be good too.

Thanks,

MarmiteĀ 

Just thought I would update as I have received further information from a recruiter. Just in case anyone else has a BAA degree.

1) Yes, a BAA will qualify you for DEO after you graduate.

2) Yes, the BAA will qualify you for DEO reserve officer MARS and Infantry.

3) The BAA degree will qualify you on its own.

4) No, so long as you are a full time student, apply to the reg force you can gain entry under the CEOTP

Back