• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Background Check Query

Draius

Reaction score
Hi ,

Incase anyone is aware of the background check , procedure then please guide , they gave me two forms "residency and travel outside Canada" and "Security Clearance form" TBS 330-60 .

The are asking for details like contact address where I lived 10 years back and the supervisors of my previous jobs , as I dont have the contact address for the place where I lived for just 6 months 10 year back. and almost all my previous supervisors have changed their jobs but still have their contact addresses .The last point is my partner is not common law should i mention her in the forms ? Please guide /Suggest should i write these details about the supervisors and the contact number of the residence and explain this in a separate sheet or just submit the forms . It will really helpful if someone who went through similar situation can help .

If “Bob Smith” was your supervisor 10 years ago at “Acme Inc”, that is what they want to know. They understand that “Bob Smith” has probably changed jobs since then, too and that “Acme Inc” might not even exist anymore. You are building a chronology.

If you are missing information and absolutely cannot find it, you have to explain it in the Stat Dec portion, just be warned that it is not a “get out of jail free” card. In terms of where you lived 10 years ago- you are saying that you cannot even find the building on google maps and work out the address that way?

As for your partner- do exactly what the guide says. If it says list a partner (married/common law)- do it. If your partner is not one of those things and the guide doesn’t say to list it- don’t.

Thanks for your response @SeaKingTacco , just last thing in the form they said the 10 years Background check is for secret Clearance/Top Secret Clearance . But I did not applied for some high sensitive streams as reserve . Do you know is the 10 year background check is for every one ?

I assume you are doing this because a recruiter told you too. They should have also told you which clearance level you were applying for.

They send me two forms to submit , once my medical get cleared , no one explained why I need the secret/top-secret level clearance .

They even asked my addresses where I stayed during my vacations in last 10 years

They send me two forms to submit , once my medical get cleared , no one explained why I need the secret/top-secret level clearance .

They even asked my addresses where I stayed during my vacations in last 10 years
You need to go back to your recruiter and ask some questions. There is a pretty big difference between a Level 2 and a Level 3 security clearance (the forms are the same, however) . You can only be cleared to the Level that your occupation requires, and not beyond.

You need to go back to your recruiter and ask some questions. There is a pretty big difference between a Level 2 and a Level 3 security clearance (the forms are the same, however) . You can only be cleared to the Level that your occupation requires, and not beyond.
And funny thing is they send me these forms separately, not a part of actual form i filled when i initiated my application.

Back