• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ every other weekend ??

• Thread starter Thread starter weeze
  • Start date Start date
W

weeze

just wondering if anybody has done there BMQ through the every other weekend method and how well they did/didn‘t like it and i was also wondering if they drive you to meaford or are you responsible for your own transportation ?

It was alright. I thought that it was a good way to get adjusted from civilian to military life, before I spent the summer doing only military stuff.

My BMQ was held out of Centralia, not Meaford (except when we needed to use the ranges). Transportation should be provided.

Originally posted by weeze:
[qb] just wondering if anybody has done there BMQ through the every other weekend method and how well they did/didn‘t like it [/qb]
I did it every other weekend... at least it was supposed to be every other weekend... during the last two months, they started adding weekends, and it was every weekend instead of every second weekend... it‘s easy in the sense that 6:00 Sunday it‘s over and you have a week to recover, but if your instructors are like mine, they‘ll double the level of ball hauling BECAUSE it‘s only a weekend (There were two other BMQ courses on the go locally at the same time... apparently they didn‘t remotely near the ball-hauling we did... on the other hand, apparently we got greatly complimented from a visiting CWO responsible for standard... end result, a weekend BMQ course teaches you the basics, but it doesn‘t really expose you to all the realities of the military)

I had a laugh, but the last two months were really dragging...my marks in university suffered greatly as a result of loosing every weekend, so no study time in the end of it... upside to a full summer basic training... it‘s all you do, so you can concentrate 100% on it.

I am graduating from my bi weekendly BMQ course this weekend.

I enjoyed it, though at first I found it difficult to switch from military to civy life on mondays.

Also sometimes things happen and some weekends are moved, so you might get 4 weeks off than a month of every weekend.

my only problem was that when I started doins SQ full time, I didn‘t know how to make my bed properly. but that took about 5 minutes to learn. by the end of BIQ, I was the only one in the section who actually slept under the covers every night and made his bed every morning.

Just finishing up my weekend BMQ course in Hamilton (final EX in 2 weeks, then grad). For the most part everything has always been right on schedule, with only one Wed night thrown in (due to bad weather on the range one Sunday). As with Pte Gayson, I also found it difficult to switch back to civvy life on Mondays, although this got easier as time went on. For myself, the weekend experience has been very good, although I can see how summer courses might be a bit easier since you are totally exposed to the military lifestyle 24/7.

Im currently doing my BMQ every single weekend without any breaks, its pretty good though because it will be done pretty quick.

I‘m just finishing up my weekend BMQ, a couple more weekends left, those are both in Meaford for the C7 range, and the Navigation FTX. They transport us up there, we don‘t have to find out own way. I with Just a Sig Op, My university mark also sufferred greatly, as weekends are your bread and butter at university, and after a weekend of BMQ your not fully recovered till about tuesday. I‘m not sure I‘m going to take another weekend course because of the way it affected my GPA. When Mommy and Daddy aren‘t handing over a cent for schooling, and the Army is discontinuing the University Grants, I need all the scholarships I can get.

i am wondering about the officers doing they BOTP with the NCM. Are they treated differently? Do they form a section apart or they are completely mixt with the ncm?

Thanks a lot for the answers

Initial_Recce said:
...When Mommy and Daddy aren't handing over a cent for schooling, and the Army is discontinuing the University Grants, I need all the scholarships I can get.

Whoa, this is not related to the current thread, but they are discontinuing the University money? Any idea when this officially will take effect. I am joining the reserves and while getting up to $2000 for my tuition isn't the only reason I am joining, it was a deciding factor. Or were you speaking of a different program? Just curious, not that I would cancel my application because of this, but it does make my university harder to pay for now  :-\

I spoke to my units Financial Clerk yesterday about this very subject. From what i understand, they arent discontinueing it, rather its been changed. no longer can you get a degree in philosophy as an infanteer, because it doesnt relate. maybe they ARE discontinuing it..Im not exactly sure but thats what i understand of the system as of now.

If anyone knows different, feel free to put me in my place  ;D

FOUND IT!  Darn, I was searching for this thread for almost half an hour but I knew it was around somewhere.  I needed to look through my old posts for it.  The info about the reimburesement plan is at the bottom of the first page on the second.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/13631.0

I dont know if thats any help.  According to Royal it is being discontinued but to contact your unit to see anyways.  The discussion is sort of intermeshed within the second page of the post as well, it just gets a little messy for other reasons.

Hope this helps.

well thanks for all the info so far,  but now I have another question how long is the BMQ if you only go every other weekend ?? and the SQ ?

Back